General Discussion - Have a chat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

TCG wise, I think this sets us up for at most 2 more XY sets. Perhaps that's part of why they didn't bother replacing the EX mechanic and energy design.

I don't play the VG that much, but I certainly recall surfing being my biggest gripe with Sapphire.
  2. End of the year this year is gonna be intense. Smash Bros, Mockingjay Part 1, final Heroes of Olympus book, a couple Regionals, a couple Cities marathons and now this? I'm psyched.
  3. TheMantyke

TheMantyke CharXzone EX

Kind of hoping whatever corresponding TCG set that comes out near the game's launch window includes a few callbacks to EX Ruby / Sapphire. It'd be fairly interesting to see stuff like Delcatty again (though Flare Navigate Chandelure may indicate a lackluster release for any Gardevoir styled after the old one).
  4. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

The return of Energy Draw Catty would certainly hold my interest.

That Chandy could well be gone in 2015 rotation.
  5. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

You forgot The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. :p
    PP101, hfechhelm and HighShroomish like this.
  6. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

I found this earlier today, but it was posted in December. It's apparently an excerpt of a list of Mega Evolutions that were trademarked in July 2012. The ones highlighted in red weren't in X and Y.

[​IMG]

Also, the "explore a dramatic new world" part of the video announcement makes me wonder if the games will actually take place in Hoenn or not. In X and Y a backpacker in the hotels mentioned a yet unseen region, but said that we would see it in due time. That combined with the lack of any use of the word "Hoenn" in the official press releases makes me think that this may be a new region altogether, but with a story similar to Ruby and Sapphire.
    Ziggmiceter likes this.
  7. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

That would be the best way to troll those wanting a remake
  8. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

Two things:
    1. A new region would be cool and new pokemon would be even better
    2. Why in the name of Arceus would anyone want Mega Minun or Mega Plusle
    StrongRhino and HighShroomish like this.
  9. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

How did Jynx get a Mega over Swampert.
  10. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Don't the Kyogre and Groudon on the box art look different? They could be Mega Evolutions.
  11. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

That's not a full list necessarily. He does note that it's an excerpt.
  12. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Don't jynx it yet, we may still get a Mega Swampert
    StrongRhino, PP101, hfechhelm and 4 others like this.
  13. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Can I have a link to where this was found? I am very interested
  14. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

With this game, I'm still undecided on whether I should be hyped or not. Megas were never really very appealing to me. While Gen 3 could use some obvious improvements, playing the games on my Game Boy now, they still hold up. People complain too much about the surfing. It's only used extensively in the second half of the game and you only need it to reach new cities and reach the Aqua/Magma bases, unless you didn't keep a Pokemon with Fly in your team.

Either way, they'll be making a ton of money with this game.
  15. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

Got first place in the first Flash Fire tournament in the country.

Somehow managed not to lose to Pyroar...don't get how I didn't lose.
    Gelato likes this.
  16. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Best bits from the hangout leagues last year. PM me if you want to do these again.
    PP101 and Reshiphlosion like this.
  17. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

My sister did these once and she said they were a blast! I would be interested in doing this, but maybe we could start up a thread for it instead of pm's?
  18. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

It was a tread but got forgotten.
  19. FlareStarfire

FlareStarfire Front Page Contributor

Anybody know if you get a play point per league per season or only 1 point per season overall? I need 5 play points in the next two months, and there's 2 league challenges I can hit up on the schedule so that leaves me needing 3 points....
  20. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

It's 1 point per season.