General Discussion - Have a chat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Is T&T confirmed to be vending at Nationals?

Note that in past years they have bought at about half their online rates.
  2. FlareStarfire

FlareStarfire Front Page Contributor

Just an idle curiosity, but what on earth are these vendors doing with the bulk? Just destroying it?
  3. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

This is what they do with bulk
    Vablakes likes this.
  4. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I know T&T sells bulk lots of 50/100 commons/uncommons/rares. I imagine they get lots of parents of young kids that buy them.
  5. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

Some online stores also sell grab-bag packs of commons
  6. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

Howdy.

So Anime Expo is in about a week. They're holding a tournament on the final day.

I can probably feasibly put together a Yveltal/Garbodor deck. Thinking of packing my Empoleon/Miltank deck because I swear to God I will play Empoleon until he gets his butt cycled out (which will probably be soon ;__; ). Any suggestions as far as deck choices go? Not having Tropical Beach sort of hurts my ability to run Stage 2s without running into constant consistency issues.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  7. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Empoleon will stay in if they keep the Plasma block (reprint in PLF :D). They also have Piplups/Prinplups in LTR.
  8. Jirachion

Jirachion is now addicted with Pokemon gijinkas.

Does anyone know if old streams of past tournaments, like Nationals can be viewed? Or do you have to watch them live to see them?
  9. Salamencetrainer34

I'm sure the past streams are on youtube
    Jirachion likes this.
  10. Jirachion

Jirachion is now addicted with Pokemon gijinkas.

Alright, thanks!
  11. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

So I work at this hotel, and I mean it's an okay job, I spend about 5 hours in total not doing anything except testing, play games, watching original doctor who, and ro from time to time, I find myself awfully vexed by the people who walk in and out of here, but the major problem I find with working here is that I just have no interest in working when there is not much to do. I'm just one of those people that like to work all of the time if possible. Anyways I messed up at work the past few nights just due to the thought in my head of quitting and not being all that interested in working, So I start by arriving at work 3 minutes late and my assistant manager just goes off the deep end on me being late, so she wastes 5 minutes of valuable time she is bitching about to bitch at me about not really caring about my job which is true. During that whole scenario I was clearly not listening as I was counting the minutes of the conversation and feeling the absolute urge to just quit right there, pay for a cab to the airport and go to Canadian nats with a theme deck if I must. I didn't, instead I got punched in the face by a native. 2 morals of the story, find a job you care about, and when you feel like quitting quit or get punched in the face by someone.
    Salamencetrainer34 and Floral like this.
  12. MawileCeyvis

MawileCeyvis New Member

I'm in the seniors division and I don't really have any good cards, but I want to become competitive. I have no means to buy good cards myself, and the only other way that comes to mind is doing well at a League. Except, with no good cards, I can't do well at a League. How do I get into the competitive scene?
  13. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

If you can't buy cards, try making proxies for League play.
  14. MawileCeyvis

MawileCeyvis New Member

Umm...proxies? You mean make my own cards or something?
  15. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

Place holder cards until you can get the actual cards, yes. So long as your opponent is okay with it (and only in casual play).
  16. MawileCeyvis

MawileCeyvis New Member

Oh ok. That makes more sense. I'll try that. Thanks!
  17. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

It's at the discretion of the league leader, so check with them first.
    eggrolls likes this.
  18. Salamencetrainer34

I discovered the joys of proxying today. I proxied a team plasma deck (Like 15 cards were proxy) and gotta say, it feels great taking 3 prizes with one attack (And sucks getting a 170 Plasma Gale on a 180 EX)
  19. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

LASERS
  20. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

I mean if you're okay with taking one less prize...