General Discussion - Have a chat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

You could always play Plus Power. Don't worry no one will notice it was rotated.
  2. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

^I will call a judge, wait for them/that judge to appear take that plus power and throw it at your Johnson like a ninja. In other words I and a lot of people will notice.
  3. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

I had no idea this even still existed.
  4. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

5. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

imo, it's an interesting decision with lots of pros and very few cons. I can see the arguments for both that separate tournaments would be better and that the new setup is just fine. I would have preferred to see separate tournaments, but I think this is definitely an unexpected turn of events and will be a great benefit to the game. Lots of counter-arguments I'm seeing on the issue are: "what about if I don't have beach?", "how are newer players expected to get older cards?", and "it's just going to be the same 3 decks...". Here's my response to all 3:
    1) What if I don't have beach?
    Sucks for you. I don't have a beach, but I know people who have some and can usually borrow them if they aren't using them. Find people like that.
    2) How are newer players expected to get older cards?
    The same way players get cards for this current format
    3) It's just going to be the same 3 decks...
    This has been said about literally every format I've played in. Learn to deal with the change or quit.
  6. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

At least the worst part about Eel—donks—is gone.
  7. Professor_N

Brb, going to buy RayEels on ebay real quick.
  8. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

I have to disagree with that. For players like me, who barely have one deck, the lack of safety in deck choice (or lack of) for day two is horrendous. Say I made it through day one playing TrevAccel, but I know that my opponent is playing Yveltal/Raichu. If my opponent is smart, they can tech in cards or even change decks to fit their needs to win. They could switch to VirGen/Raichu, giving them an easy top 4. Worse, however, is what happens if two players have access to multiple decks. When you know your opponent plays TrevGor, but has Charizrd/Pyroar or Emboar built as well, the game becomes less based on skill than the luck of picking your best deck. Even an anti-meta deck could win states, just by having a player who knows everyother player's deck options and choice. This hunt for information, as tournaments could easily become, will hurt the game, in my opinion.

On the note of multiple formats, it allows broken concepts like (I'm sure there's something, Vileplume/Stoutland/Duknoir/Accelgor anyone?) to be possible, when they should not. Though the format change may not be this drastic, players will be forced to prepare for them. If announced too late, new players could have too old or too new decks, and could be disqualified or simply have no chance for the day.

Sorry for the text block all

/endrant
  9. Professor_N

Welp, now suddenly it's actually not rotated. So have fun with this.

But what we are overlooking is the fact that Landorus EX and Strong Energy will be legal in a BLW-on format (when Furious Fists is released) and that's going to be a pain.
  10. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Yay! Lugia can hit 180 again.
    Also, will mewtwo rise to power?
  11. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

No. Why would it? It was good in a format of little hp things
  12. Professor_N

Remember that this isn't playing an old format. We still have the things we have now except now we also have a few old things. So unless Lucario EX is really powerful (which it probably will be) I don't see Mewtwo EX getting any better than it is already.

And Lugia should be pretty fun. I'll have to play around with it more but I could see it being a little more powerful than it is now with the ability to more reliably hit those magic numbers.
  13. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

I was just thinking of all these phykic weak Pokemon that exsist.
  14. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

...and the format we already have isn't already that?
  15. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

Fair point. More so, i guess.
  16. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

I've actually been testing Landorus EX with Strong Energy and Machamp, and so far it isn't any more of a pain than Yveltal EX is now.

The bigger threat in the BLW-on format is RayEels because it literally manhandles every deck that can't stop its setup. More importantly, it can tech against things like Sigilyph, Pyroar, and even Lugia and Landorus, easily making itself the deck to beat in BLW-on.
  17. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Rayeels is not uncountered.

Eel is super good, but Rayquaza does have Druddigon to counter.
  18. Professor_N

That's true. But we have plenty of Pokemon that can use Lightning Energy to deal with Druddigon handily. Zekrom is the first thing that comes to mind, but there may be something better.
  19. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Can use trevenant/accelgor/Dusknior to move damage to the eelektrik and stop the set-up well one ray is paralysd.
  20. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

But they can Lysandre a Shelmet, Switch, and cause you problems.

(Un)fortunately, Trevenant/Goth are probably finished on account of Lysandre.
    Floral likes this.