General Discussion - Have a chat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Remind me how long you've been playing?
  2. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Well I've never been to anything bigger than a Regionals. I think Top 4 is fine, although I do think that it should be Top 8.
  3. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Experience being irrelevant, I was wondering how long you've been around and still could possibly not know that Pokemon players complain dramatically at any sort of reduction, regardless of justification :p.
  4. FlareStarfire

FlareStarfire Front Page Contributor

They haven't announced format though; Single elim sure, but Best of 1 or 3?
  5. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Let's see:
    The past two years have been best of 3 (the entire time they've done single elim).
    The only Bo1 single elim in recent history was the LCCP.
    We've been playing Bo3 all year.

Seems Bo3 is likely.
  6. FlareStarfire

FlareStarfire Front Page Contributor

Previous years we had an hour per round didn't we though? And of course they ran the second CP event at nationals as Best of 1... my guess is they go B03 60+3 to allow for less ties happening.
  7. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Second CPC wasn't single elimination, nor can ties exist with single elim.
  8. Professor_N

Oh yeah, I've picked up on that a little bit.
  9. Serperior

Serperior Well-Known Member

This years Worlds Mascot has been revealed.
    worlds2014mascot.jpg
    desufnoc likes this.
  10. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Does anyone on here know how to make YouTube channel art? I just made a new YouTube channel and would appreciate the help! Its a Pokemon related channel and it's named TeamPlasmasFinest.
  11. Jirachion

Jirachion is now addicted with Pokemon gijinkas.

@OshaWaterBottle if you're talking about the big banner picture that appears on your channel, then I can help! I made my channel art with this method. It looks pretty decent!

First, you need to go find a suitable picture for your art. You can go on Google Images and search for "youtube channel art 2120x1192. Then save that picture, and go onto a website called picmonkey.com. You don't need an account, just click "edit" button. Afterwards, they should ask you to choose a photo from file, if not, then click the "Open" button. Click the "Crop" button on the left side, and make the picture the biggest option, 2560x1600. But don't click "apply" yet, you have to make the dimensions 2120 in the first box and 1192 in the second. And then basically, you can do whatever you want with it. You can add text, add stickers, designs, different colours, etc. Oh, and try to do everything generally in the middle of the picture, or it might be cut off when you upload it to Youtube. Of course, you have to save it as a jpg. afterwards. So yeah, I hope this helped! :D
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    OshaWaterBottle likes this.
  12. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Thanks so much! Is there any way to size it so it can be viewed the same on all devices?

EDIT: Didn't see the make everything in the middle haha.
  13. Professor_N

What do you know, it's Pikachu again! Artwork is interesting though.
  14. Velits

Velits New Member

I couldn't find a general topic for this question so I am asking it in this topic. How do you guys test your decks? I assume you play games online? I know that there is TCGO but that seems a little hard to build a deck on. It's not always easy to get all the cards you want. Are there ant other TCG sims you use?
  15. Serperior

Serperior Well-Known Member

Yes PlayTCG.com. But you have to make the decks you play with on bebessearch.com.
    Velits likes this.
  16. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

BW promos 77/78 were actually pikachu/raichu. They were canned though, so RIP.
  17. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

I usually play solitaire games with them or use the "gauntlet" method (see #5 here). I think online options are decent, but you really do need to playtest against actual people you can physically see in front of you just to get the human factor. Note: the gauntlet method gets a LOT easier if you memorize cards or have the capability to.
  18. Professor_N

I play solitaire games, personally. I set up two decks on one playmat and play from both sides as though I don't know the "opponent's" hand. I do not use the "Gauntlet" method though.
  19. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

I do the same thing, it definitely works for testing out different match-ups, consistency, and what techs work. I would certainly recommend it, but a healthy dose of online play and playing a real opponent in real life is also needed. The online play is helpful to see bunch of different decks and see what combos people are testing, and playing in real life against an opponent is good for the experience, because obviously this is how tournaments are played. But again, the solitaire games are extraordinarily helpful for getting a solid list down.
  20. sibon

sibon official pajama cardinal

Am I right in thinking http://bbs.sixprizes.com/ has all but replaced these forums? I'll be a bit sad if so, I much prefer this layout.
    eggrolls and PP101 like this.