Genie Donk/Genie Rush

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Zarco, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

My BC brainchild:

2 Tornadus EX
    2 Landorus EX
    1 Tornadus EPO
    1 Mewtwo EX
    2 Ditto BC
    4 Aerodactyl DEX

4 Juniper
    3 Skyla
    2 N
    1 Bianca
    2 RR

1 Comp Search
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Old Amber Aerodactyl
    4 Catcher
    3 First Ticket
    3 Switch
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Revive
    2 Eviolite

4 Twist Mountain

4 DCE
    6 Fighting

Basically, go off attacking T1. Landorus EX and Tornadus EX are both options for the resources you have and the opponent's deck (Eels hate Landy, Empoleon struggles against Tornadus). Build your damage with Aerodactyl and (ideally) take a KO every turn. Ditto is simply a way to give myself options and play down energies if I don't have an attacker/don't want to commit to one. Tornadus EPO is for Sigilyph, and can take KOs without sacrificing energy.
  2. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

You want 4 First Ticket. /story.
  3. Zarco

I had to cut something, and 3 tickets is not a huge reduction in starting chance... any suggestions to fit it?
  4. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

-1 Old Amber Aerodactyl
    So easy.
  5. Zarco

I guess... that's probably a decent play. But Old Amber is by no means a bad card, it's just luck based like Twist Mountain. I'll test with an extra ticket next time I have a chance.
  6. Zarco

Yeah... Old Amber has recently decided to give me no luck at all lately. I've still done pretty well over 4 or 5 games; I don't always donk but I almost always go off T1, which is my goal. It's working pretty great.
  7. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

Aerodactyl and the whole twist flip thing has always left me cold
    Empoleon1107 and KPiplup like this.
  8. Zarco

Aero's kind of important to make sure you don't fizzle out, and to hit some key HP numbers. You could play pluspower but it doesn't provide constant pressure as well.
  9. Empoleon1107

Empoleon1107 The one and only Gangsta

I built a similar deck with proxies and I do not use Aerodactyl. I prefer Pluspower over it. Pluspower is good because if you get Skyarrow Bridge/Tornadus EX/DCE/Pluspower you set up an Emolga donk.
    I also run 4 Landorus and 4 Tornadus EX.