Groudon EX/Landorous

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Runyon, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Runyon

Runyon Member

This is just a rough draft for the deck i would like to run in a month.

3 Groudon EX
    3 Landorus
    2 Terrakion
    2 Mewtwo

4 EXP Share
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 Dual Ball

Terrakion will be good if i get the ever-rare water match-up.
    With all the hype around Raikou and Darkrai, i feel a fighting deck will be extremely good.
    Any advice on what to add/take out is very much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Edit: I've also considered running HealSerperior
  2. CaptainX24

CaptainX24 Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I'm not really sure what Landorus is contributing here. But overall I like the idea you have going. I'm also not positive about Mewtwo, but it will probably be your most effective solution to Mewtwo.
  3. dakotabeboys

dakotabeboys Active Member

I think Landorus serves two important functions; damages your opponent's bench for Groundon EX and serves as a psuedo-Energy accelerator with Exp. Share.

+1 Landorus
    -1 Groundon EX (not needed)
    +1 Tornadus (if you run DCEs for Mewtwo EX)
    +4 Juniper
    +3 N
    +3-4 Sage's Training
    +4 Catcher
    +2 Switch
    +1 Super Rod/Revive
    +10-ish Fighting Energy

These are just quick numbers, but in my experience, these work the best in Landorus/Groundon/Terrakion. Any questions about the inclusions/numbers, just let me know :)
  4. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

Erm why Tornadus, bearing in mind the fighting decks bar Troll don't use DCE tbh.
  5. Runyon

Runyon Member

Any thoughts on Serperior? He has 130 HP with only 1 retreat. So if he got catcher'd he would most likely have to be OHKO.
  6. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

not worth it, too slow, ruins consistency, and it won't help you enough
  7. Runyon

Runyon Member

I would absolutely love not to run Mewtwo. I just don't think its possible to exclude him.

He would help with the Landorus bench damage. It would be an immediate heal
  8. Salamancer

Salamancer Dragon Master

He would help with the Landorus bench damage. It would be an immediate heal[/QUOTE]

It would still slow the deck. Serperior would take up slots for consistency cards and other things. Besides, all of your pokemon have high hp anyways.
  9. Runyon

Runyon Member

Also, the new Excadrill i believe will be worth running. Stage 1, for 2 Fighting it does 50, and you get any card from your discard pile into your hand. I may take out 1 Landorus and 1 Mewtwo for a 2-2 line.
  10. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

It's a Stage 2, so it takes up a lot of space and time to get set up. Either you build the deck around a Stage 2 or don't. You can't half-*** in a Snivy, Serperior and Rare Candy.
  11. dakotabeboys

dakotabeboys Active Member

I wouldn't, just because he's not that great. 50 and a card back for FF is a lot weaker than Terra's Retaliate, plus it's a Stage 1, which takes a big toll on your decks speed.
  12. CaptainX24

CaptainX24 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you want to do Excadrill then make it it's own deck. I recall that a player I know was toying around with the idea (I think he ended up focusing on the BW 3-for-80-energy-removal one) but I don't believe it ever amounted to anything.
  13. That Excadrill is from EPO. :p