Guessing the Most Powerful Cards Next Format

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by pikazap, Jan 10, 2011.

1. pikazap

pikazap Member

my guess is the format will be hgss-on which will make the format slow but can be recovered and the most powerful will be gengar prime but no cadr goes alone so it goes with lost world which if you can see in pictures(you need a very good eye to see it) it will be released -as so my freinds say-also not my fault if its not released-my freind at league told me they saw it
  2. Versilaryan

Versilaryan Front Page Contributor

Re: guessing the next format and the most powerful card in it

I think the next format will be RR-on. Pokemon did say that they'll be rotating four sets at a time, and we do NOT want SP in the format without Stormfront cards to keep their power in check.

If the format is RR-on, I think that Gengar Prime/Lost World will be a huge contender, as well as Arceus and Charizard. Donphan and Jumpluff might make a recovery, too.
  3. rhinored2

rhinored2 Member

I think kingdra form unleashed will be powerful because luxray wont have as much power!
  4. Genguy

Genguy Active Member

I think it will be RR on, but that isn't my wish. All I want is power spray and Cyrus to be banned. I know it sounds crazy, but thats all I want.
  5. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

Yeah I'm in the same boat here, I'm really comfortable with the format as it is, with the exception of power spray. I don't mind cyrus tbh, but it's more the power spray.

But yeah, probs RR on, bit of a shame to see stormfront being rotated as that's such a quick set :/
  6. Genguy

Genguy Active Member

I really love stormfront. I actually would like Seeker banned as I got seeker donked 9/10 games at league.

Cards I'd like to be banned:

DCE
    Power Spray
    Cyrus
    Seeker

Take those away and I'd love the format.
  7. pikazap

pikazap Member

plz one combo cause i said THE MOST powerful card combo not 2 or three there is no top 3 all at once there is the best and its followers, right?
  8. stalpno

stalpno Member

it will probably be RR on but I am hoping HS on because I think SP has had enough time on top, if it is HS on I see Jumpluff being a bigger threat except for the fact of it loosing BTS
  9. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

I'm not convinced on jumpluff, not being able to evolve t1 will mean having to leave a 30hp pokemon out there which isn't great.

I can see donphan being popular, maybe ursaring, hard hitting stage 1 pokemon
  10. magneto1992

magneto1992 New Member

RR-on is the logical step. HGSS-on will really stink...I mean only about 5 legal Expansions plus like 2 BW???? PL-on will make me cry as it would mean Sp will continue on control, without the main 3 SF guys (Machamp, Gengar and Gyrados). AR-on is so ridiculous I won't even mention it. And the most broken card isn't gengar. Is GUST OF WIND (aka Pokemon Catcher).
  11. Project696

Project696 Member

RR-On is what I am suspecting. and I can see people attempt and fail miserably at trying to keep SP decks alive.

Pidgeot from TR may become a powerful card due to the effect of the attack Headwind. While it is easily escapable by switching, some of the biggest hitters in future formats have 3-4 retreat cost, so if Pidgeot becomes popular, we'll be seeing switch being played alot more. Possibly Warp Point if they reprint it. I mean think of those players playing say Donphan for a 1 for 60 hit, well, now that 60 will cost them FCC instead of just a F. Very powerful.
  12. Ubersarsh

Ubersarsh Member

At least AR-on. I think that this format would be slow enough
  13. pikazap

pikazap Member

oh ill love that pidgeot if they bring more draw power cards lock cards like we need something with victreebells effect but on bench and either basic or s1 for quick use with villeplume and retreating will be impossible for sure with the next rotation all dp set will be gone meaning gengar sf machamp sf gyrados sf dusknoir uxie azelf mesprit and the other good cards will be gone the rare candy idea pokemon has for B/W will be great since donks will be gone (unless they went drunk and press the nuke saying remake of sableye button,NOT TRYING TO SPAM HERE BUT REALLY ILL BE GLAD WITH THE LOST OF SABLEYE AND ITS EVIL EYE)
  14. Re: guessing the next format and the most powerful card in it

Can you post the pics?
  15. pacjac

pacjac New Member

yes pokemonpizzaparty yes (i would like to go to a pokemon pizza party)
  16. pikazap

pikazap Member

what pics?
  17. Re: guessing the next format and the most powerful card in it

you said "you can see it in pictures" so what pictures?
  18. pikazap

pikazap Member

well in the boxes and things of call of legend my freinds say they saw lost world pictures
  19. rhinored2

rhinored2 Member

Im thinking charizard!
  20. Thegame8228

Thegame8228 Member

gyarados and kingdra la will be gone so possibly...idk if blastgatr will be played enough to make charizard weak