Hawaii Battle Roads (June 3rd)

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Gelatin, May 18, 2012.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

I know there was at least one other person on this forum from Hawaii. Da-Planet has recently updated their calendar and has our Spring Battle Road listed on June 3rd at 12pm-5pm. Hopefully we'll have a nice turn out.

For those who might be in Hawaii (specifically the island of O'ahu) for the Summer, be sure to stop by. More information about the location at their website.
    http://www.da-planet.com/
  2. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

You sure are conveniently placed for Worlds.
  3. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

Ill be there... I hope :p

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
  4. coolestman22

Other than schedule issues, why wouldn't you be?

Sent from my pager.
  5. Gelatin

Just a 30 minute plane ride away :D

Since Hawaii only has one place that holds sanctioned tournaments, none of our players have enough chances to make enough points to actually participate in Worlds without spending hundreds of dollars to fly out of state... Ah well, even just spectating, I expect my first visit to Worlds to be a blast.
  6. coolestman22

If you have a consistent enough deck you can grind in. It only takes about 6 wins (5 for Juniors-Seniors)
  7. Gelatin

Top 4 at Hawaii's Battle Roads

1. ZekEel
    2. Empoleon/Terrakion <--(me :D lol)
    3. ZekEel
    4. Klink Corners

Matches weren't much to report on. Three rounds of swiss. Top 2 play of Masters.

My first match was against ZPS. Neither of us could get anything going but I managed to charge up a Terrakion for game.

Second match ended with a T2 Piplup DONK against a lone Cyndaquil. Piplup for BCIF. We played again for fun but I still came out on top for that one.

Third round was against one of our better players playing ZekEel (who I would have to face again in the final round). Couldn't get anything going until it was too late to stop his Zekrom EXs from running over everything. 2-1 in Swiss.

I was very surprised to see myself in the Top 2. The final match played about the same as my Swiss match with him. Started with all 3 Terrakion (and two of my Empoleons prized) so I decided to try and take a Tri-Bull approach. Fell apart soon after I benched them as I whiffed on energy even after my shuffle-draws and Portraits off of Smeargle. He charged up Mewtwo enough while I whiffed on energy for him to KO everything I played. I scooped only taking 3 prizes. Second match started much the same. Time was called after I was finally able to take a prize off of an Eelektrik. Unfortunately he got to go first for our 3 round countdown. I needed at least two more turns to catch up in prizes so I ended up conceding.

All in all it was fun. Even pulled a Darkrai EX out of the four packs I got for winning. Hopefully all of those who came had fun. Now to prepare for possible future League events (the Professor hinted at a possible Unlimited format event) and what I hope is a BW-on format next season.
  8. desufnoc

Oh Piplup, how I hate you so.
    PokemonPlayer101 and Gelatin like this.
  9. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

congrats to everyone who played!
  10. steven112

steven112 Raquaza EX is beast

Instead of spending money to travel out of state. Why don't you use that money to go to worlds and do the last chance qualifiers. The world Championships are in Hawaii this year. Its better to go there then have to go to either regionals or states and then Nationals and then worlds.
  11. coolestman22

Don't they have States in Hawaii?
  12. Gelatin

We have BRs, Cities, and States. I've already booked a hotel so I will be attending Worlds. I know a few others are planning on going as well. Maybe I'll even see desufnoc there, too :p
  13. desufnoc