Help me bug test

Discussion in 'SixPrizes Stuff' started by Adam, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

I'm trying to figure out the login/logout issues, so if anyone has like 15 minutes to spare and could help, here's what I need you to do.

1. Open up a new browser window and clear all your cookies. You might want to go with a browser that you don't normally use so you don't lose all your saved logins around the web. (I normally use Chrome, so I opened up Safari for testing purposes.)

2. Go to this URL and login:

https://www.sixprizes.com/amember/l...=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sixprizes.com%2F?login=true

3. Then go directly to the forum URL:

http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/

4. Reply back here and let me know whether it shows you as logged in or out of the forums.
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Doing that logged me into the FP, but not the forums.

Incidentally, if I log into the forums using LastPass (which I do), it doesn't log me into the FP. I have to do that separately.
  3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Thanks, that's what I expected. I think I have a fix, but I can't test it out on mods (the configuration is different for you guys). Can a couple other people confirm that the same thing happens to you?
  4. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Logged in, went directly to the forums and wasn't logged in.
  5. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Ok, I just tried to apply the fix to you. Repeat steps 1 through 4 again (make sure to clear your cookies) and see if it shows you as logged in to the forums this time.
  6. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Yep! Worked fine.
  7. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Woot! I think what I need to do is just perform a database resynch on everyone and the logins/logouts should work again. Should have everything back to normal by the end of today. Thanks for the help!
  8. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

Ah, I was just having this log in problem half hr ago and was upon clicking forums, wouldn't log me in after putting in my cress. I normally use IE so I went to chrome and still couldn't log in. The only thing I didn't do was clear my cookies, but then I had to go to work anyways. I can try clearing and logging in after I get home from work which should be in 4 hrs?
  9. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

If you clear your cookies everything should be fine now. I resynched the database so when you login via the "universal" login form then it should log you in everywhere now.
  10. tonenkyra

Okie dokies. I'll let you know either way in this topic in a couple if hours then. Thanks!
  11. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

I can't log in on my computer at all. It has me logged in on the main page but not the forums. I've tried twice but it just took me back to the forums page.
  12. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Have you tried clearing your cookies?
  13. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

I will try that when I get back on.
  14. tonenkyra

I have cleared cookies, use diff browsers an followed exact directions above and still a no go sir.
  15. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Ok then this secret URL can work for logging into the forums: http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/login
  16. tonenkyra

Voila! Eureka! I am in on my desktop!! Whoo hooo! Thank you so much!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1382703095][/DOUBLEPOST]And just to inform you @Adam, I forgot to click then remember me box upon using the secret URL and just went to the regular log in and it still did not work, even after logging in on the secret URL. So I had to reuse the secret URL. Just a tidbit of info you might find helpful during this bug testing phase.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Adam likes this.
  17. Bdubes

Bdubes New Member

I can not seem to login on my iPad my iPhone works
  18. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Had same issue, I clicked on a link Adam posted in the general discussion thread.
  19. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Alright, I think I'm just going to revert to the default forum login for the forums, and then the other login will be for the blog. You'll have to login separately for each section, but if it bypasses all the bugs then I guess it's worth it.[DOUBLEPOST=1383058794,1382968520][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, what I've done is change it so the "Log in | Register" tab at the top of any forum page will give you a login form just for the forums (it won't log you in to the rest of the site). The other login links around the forum go to the universal login page. That way if the universal login form is working for you, you can keep using it, otherwise you can use the default forum login which is more guaranteed to work.