Ho-Oh Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by pkmn, Jan 1, 2013.

1. pkmn

pkmn that's when I won nats

Pls help me improve my deck!

Pokemon: 14
    3x Tornadus EX
    2x Sigilyph
    2x Mewtwo EX
    2x Landorus EX
    2x Bouffalant
    2x Ho-Oh EX
    1x Terrakion

T/S/S: 32
    4x Juniper
    4x N
    3x Skyla
    2x Bianca
    4x Ultra Ball
    4x Energy Switch
    2x Switch
    4x Pokemon Catcher
    2x Aspertia City Gym
    2x Energy Search
    1x Computer Search

Energy: 14
    4x Double Colorless Energy
    3x Fighting
    1x Lightning
    1x Fire
    1x Grass
    1x Psychic
    1x Water
    1x Metal - Basic
    1x Darkness - Basic

I'm open to any suggestions!
  2. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Is this ho-oh or Landorus? You need more ho-ohs if your going to play the deck. I suggest subtract a tornados ex and add a ho-oh
  3. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

2 Ho-oh is perfectly fine...it reduces odds of starting it if nothing else...
  4. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Nah I think 3 is better. If you have 2 and prize 1 it is harder to get energy on the field.
  5. pkmn

In my testing, 2 is fine, it doesn't get prized that often.
  6. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

I main this deck. two is fine.
  7. pkmn

Any suggestions guys? I'm planning to bring this to States so I need to practice more with this
  8. ThePirateKingAtomsk

Take out a Bouff for a Terrakion or Landorus, drop fire and grass for a fighting and a psychic(if you are going to run Sigilyph, and that many- I'd say even 3). I suggest only one sigilyph. You really won't be attacking with it that often. Drop a Skyla for a Bianca or Skyarrow(if you intend to keep 2 Sigi), Drop an energy search for another Switch.
  9. pkmn

Hmmm, I don't really like Terrakion at all and was even thinking of dropping it 0.0 Energy Search and the 1 Psychic work so well together, along with sigilyph especially in the Blastoise Keldeo matchup. I attack with it very often. Just my opinion
  10. ThePirateKingAtomsk

it's not going to always work. You might prize it or lose it to a juniper/have to play it on another pokemon all too often. Also, with 2 psychics- you can do sneaky stuff with mewtwo. if you manage to set up a mewtwo for Psydrive, you can just attack kill other mewtwo that don't even have energy and you can't get revenge killed by another mewtwo unless they have 3 energy to X-ball you.
  11. pkmn

there's only a 0.02% Chance to be prized. Although the Mewtwo plan would work, I still have Energy Switches to take it off another pokemon and into a sigilyph. Otherwise if it's prized then i still have other EX counters like Bouffalant