Howdy from Hawaii

Discussion in 'SixPrizes Stuff' started by Gelatin, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

Figured I should make a thread here.

I'm twenty years old and have been playing competitively since about Autumn Battle Roads in 2011. I took last place in that BR (I used a theme deck because my ReshiBoar didn't come in from TnT until the day after LOL) and Cities (MewCario). Recently I scored eleventh overall out of twenty-five players, if I remember correctly, at our States tournament with ZEel EX.

I've been following SixPrizes articles and hope that the forums here can help me step my game up in tournaments to come. Since I'm stuck here in the middle of the ocean, there aren't many opportunities for me to hit up things like Regionals and National tournaments. Luckily for me though, Worlds seems to come to my state often enough (like this year! Woo!)

I guess that's about it for me. I'm in your care.
  2. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

Welcome to Sixprizes! We have lotsa threads on Zekeels I imagine that would be a great place to start. Welcome to the site! :D
  3. lufan131

lufan131 Ed-ward? Big-bro-ther?

Welcome! I am sure you will find what you need. Good luck at worlds!
  4. Gelatin

Thank you. I think I'm pretty set with my Eel deck as of now. If anything I might want to add a Raikou EX and drop an Absol Prime when/if I get one.

Thanks! And I didn't mean that I would actually participate in the Worlds tournament. I'm nowhere near that skilled haha. Luckily it's just a short plane trip away for me so I'll be spectating with my younger brother. While we're on the topic, do we know exactly when Worlds are going to be held this year?
  5. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

I was there playing at states also. I made 4th in masters with durant. I know you are underway, but how often do you go to league. I try to go every week when I am in port. I feel the only way to get better is by playing other good players. So, if you can try to come to league when you can and help make everyone better :p
  6. Gelatin

I try to go when I can but with school wrapping up I'm sort of in a bind haha. Hopefully I'll have more time to go to League once I'm on break. I'll be there next weekend for the Dark Explorers prerelease though.
  7. desufnoc

I hope to be there, but I don't know if I can convince my wife to let me fork over the money. Hopefully I am there.
  8. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

you should go to worlds and compete, if only for fun ^^

anyways welcome to 6P I'm that hyper active kid on the other side of the country (CT)
  9. desufnoc

I might go for fun if I can talk the wife into it :p
  10. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

it will be a "Vacation to Hawaii" although.... even with the 99.9% success rate the statement seems to have on people, your wife might be an exception ;o

just practice like crazy, you don't have to go to nats or anything, just go to the Grinders, read lots of UG stuff, and abuse playtcg and then you should be fine. (I mean you don't know how well you'll do in the grinders unless you try, right?)
  11. desufnoc

Well hopefully I can talk her into it :p What are the pre requirements to play in the grinders? I would love to prove to myself that I am a better player than what I have been showing myself (almost always topcutting without winning it all).
  12. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

well I think you can attend the grinders for free, but there's limited space as to how many people can go to the grinders. Also the top X all get invites to Worlds the following day.....
  13. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Aloha! Bummer that you don't have many opportunities to go to tournaments, but at least you can attend Worlds this year! Plus, you live in Hawaii. Most people are envious of that (including myself!).