Japan: BW6 Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by Gelatin, May 25, 2012.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

darkwing34, lufan131, Bleak and 3 others like this.
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Thread elevated to sticky status. Keep all BLW6 spoiler and discussion here. Thanks.
    mariadicosta and Gelatin like this.
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Is the flavour text blurred out because it would be a spoiler for BW 2?
    mariadicosta likes this.
  4. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Better question. Would one of our multi-lingual friends care to translate squirtle's ability?

If it is a croconaw MT ability reprint I will cry manly tears of joy.
    Shadow_Snake likes this.
  5. Matt91_

Matt91_ fire trainers lel

I'll be on that right now.

EDIT: Squirtle doesn't take damage while on the bench.
  6. baby_mario

Translations are on Beach, but here's Squirtle's

Safe from Kyogre-EX then.

They are about as interesting as you would expect. I guess Charmander's attack is hinting that Charizard will need a ton of Energy to attack.
    darkwing34 and Matt91_ like this.
  7. Matt91_

I lol'd.

I'd just like to point out it has weakness to Grass. Here's hoping for playable Blastoise.

Charmander is actually a pretty good basic with that accel. If Charmeleon survived any attacks, it would be great too.
  8. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

inb4 charizard base set reprint
  9. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

Well Tornadus-Thundurus-Viri NV would all need a Pluspower to take it out.. so it can survive some competitive attacks, Charmeleon still will not be brillaint , but it could be worse, as for Charmander the acceleration is nice, so a competitive Stage 2 Evolution could make this THE starter card. Squirtle's nice too as it can sit on the bench without the need to be worried about a Darkrai EX snipe, or Spread decks [QuadKYU], but we will see if it has a decent Stage 2 evolution in Blastoise, the weakness is nice too as Eel deck attackers will not be able to take adavantage of Weakness to take it out.
  10. Shadow_Snake

Shadow_Snake Snowcone?

So I was looking at the scans really closely, and noticed that Squirtle comes right after Charmeleon according to the set numbers. So either we don't get the Stage 2's for these guys or Charizard could be a Dragon type. :confused:
  11. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

hmm interesting.

or charzard could be a full art, or an EX...
  12. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

charizard has to be a dragon type. Dragon types are the all-powerful dudes. charizard must be there even if he's a Fire/Flying Type. :)
  13. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

Eh thats the most likely.

I really want a Charizard EX:p
  14. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

^same, but they only do basic legendaries. :(
  15. baby_mario

Or maybe there won't be a Charizard at all. I mean, has anyone seen Seismitoad DEX recently, hmmmm?
  16. Shadow_Snake

Shadow_Snake Snowcone?

Now I'm just hoping we actually get Blastoise since I really want to make a deck with him.
  17. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

That Charmander is itching to be ko'd by an x-ball after using it's first attack. Charizard is probably a dragon type, which will be pretty lame, but Charizard and Blastoise would be a good pair to star Stage 2 Ex's with.

Edit: Charizard is most definitely a dragon type. The normal version of a fire EX would be listed after Charmeleon.
  18. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

Remember, these are two different sets. Notice the two different colors used for the BW6 logo.
  19. Matt91_

Haha, there are two sets, so no Dragon Charizard EX.

Well, you could use the +20 Cape from BW5 for Charmeleon, it could get as troublesome as hitting Zoroark DEX without KOing it. And the Darkrai EX against Squirtle thing is actually good, that Blastoise deck is getting more interesting and I don't even know if it's going to be any good.

Not that Mewtwo EX wars are strong after BW4, but that's pretty much starting one. That usually isn't very good, specially with Mew EX running around.
  20. baby_mario

Mew-EX doesn't seem that splashable except in decks with 1 Energy attacks.