Japan: BW6 Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by Gelatin, May 25, 2012.

1. Freakmasta

Freakmasta I'm no champion

Flygon always had an ability to chip away at something aka Flygon lvl. X. It wasn't dmg but milling also hurt.
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

It was an awesome card in its day and was even semi-competitive in the GG format.

150 HP and no Weakness was bloody good.
  3. Rogan

Rogan The Man in Japan

Oh man I wish. In BW-on we ONLY have Bianca, Juniper, N, Cilan and Hooligans Jim & Cas. We need some more trainers/supporters to really turn some of these "semi-playable cards" into serious decks.

Flygon makes me so happy as I used to run FlyPhan in my DP-Legends format and it was so fun. Unfortunately, I don't see something like Flygon being very competitive. 140 HP and 4 energy cost with no real way of accelerating that (outside of Terrakion EX, which in itself is super slow) plus a dragon weakness with dragons running around everywhere doesn't look very good for it right now. We'll see what other cards might help flygon become a serious deck!

Squirtle makes me EXTREMELY happy. Grass weakness plus squirtle's ability makes me think he'll be able to compete with the current format if blastoise is any good.

Charmander being back also makes me really happy. I've always made a Charizard deck so I hope he's as fun and as playable as he was in Platinum!
  4. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

We're almost assuredly getting a load of new supporters/trainers/stadiums/special energy in this set. Both Kyurem EX's are 41/59, and it's dragon type so it's the last type, which means that there is still 18 slots in both sets to fill out after that. Also, since this is going to be a base set, I expect there to be basic energy, at least in the American set, since it's going to be a base set and all.
  5. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

Good eye, I hope they don't reprint Juniper in that and let that be the only supporter. Do full arts count to that total? Hoping for good Stage 2's! C'mon Blastoise!
  6. Rogan

Rogan The Man in Japan

In Japan our "reprints" and alternative arts are starter deck exclusive. They never wind up in the packs (from what I can tell for the most part).
  7. DKQuagmire

DKQuagmire Member

As far as the artwork goes, it gives us a hint as to what area of the game they are trying to base the set on.
    This gave me the idea that maybe we would see characters for the area most used in the card artwork.

Say, we haven't had a Cedric Juniper card, nor have we had a Card with Alder on it, or even Fennel (The woman who does the Dream World thingy)

Basically what i'm trying to say, is in every generation of Trading cards, they have used important in game characters in their Supporter line ups.
    obviously before supporters, cards like Bill still counted as a normal Trainer, as did the gym leader cards.

So far for the 5th generation they have used hardly any of the important characters. Just, the rivals, Professor, N and the strange cameo of the Hooligans which has no place in the trading card game anyway, since they where just a random 2-2 match you fought in the game.
  8. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

I like supporters they make your deck consistent EXcept there are not many in BW-on.
    darkwing34 likes this.
  9. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I see people thinking that it may be a Charizard-EX... Well I have noticed that all EXs thus far have been Basics, so I don't think that it will happen.
  10. Freakmasta

Freakmasta I'm no champion

I seriously want a non-basic EX. Still waitin' on Wailord EX with 200+ HP
    Reclamation likes this.
  11. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

If they're going to start doing evolution EX's...Charizard and Blastoise are as good as first evolution EX's as they can choose.
  12. RisingDawn

It would certainly help stage 2's. I'm hoping for a Rain dance like ability on Blastoise. I wondering when we will hear the cries of Charizard/Emboar...
  13. baby_mario

Really? I thought you would have wanted something better than a Gatr Prime reprint.
  14. RisingDawn

Just a good form of water energy acceleration. Like maybe discarding a water energy from your hand and attaching 2 water energy from your deck to the field. I wonder if Blastoise will snipe at all..
  15. baby_mario

As Gatr Prime demonstrated, it's no good having Energy acceleration if there is nothing worthwhile to attach Energy to.

What did poor Gatr have to work with?

Samurott? (Ewwww Stage 2, Lightning Weak)
    Golduck? (Stage 1, low HP)
    Kyurem? (card was actually better played solo with Exp Share)
    Other things I CBA to remember?

Even when Reshiphlosion was the most played deck in the format, Water decks couldn't buy a win.
  16. RisingDawn

Lord I would never play Golduck. Maybe Blastoise or another water pokémon will have a good attack.
  17. baby_mario

What you want is a reprint of this guy

[​IMG]

Give him 180 HP, beef up Reverse Stream a bit, and voila! Playable Water Pokemon!
    coolestman22, cabd and darkwing34 like this.
  18. Salamancer

Salamancer Dragon Master

It's to bad they didn't put suicune in dark explorers, yet they still put in rainout and entei
  19. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

The Tornadus EX really through me off when the scans first came out.

We have two of the four Regis as well as a Musketeer and one of the Kami trio. Maybe we'll get one of Sinnoh's Fairy trio.
  20. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Pixie trio.