[Japan] XY3 - "Rising Fist"

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by Googleplex, Mar 24, 2014.

1. kbs021

kbs021 Member

yea thats why we are talking about the eevee.. no one mentioned phantom gate
  2. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Sorry, it seemed like some people thought the eevee was in phantom gate since they mentioned the September set. Sorry about that, and thanks for clarifying.
  3. kbs021

kbs021 Member

No its cool I was referring to the other poster. I think he just made a mistake. No big deal. Feel like this could be kinda cool. I would really enjoy a new thing like this. Would be interesting if it would see play
  4. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Rulings on Japan's website:
    -Eevee's ability can be triggered by Flygon's attack.
    -Water energy can get either Glaceon/Vaporeon (gee, that's great)

Nothing about turn 1. There's no text stipulating that you can't, and with no ruling to that effect, there's no reason to think it won't work T1.
    hfechhelm and MaverickNate like this.
  5. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Okay we might just have to wait a little while.. No big deal I can wait. Thanks though. Would love to be able to turn 1 evolve
  6. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

This
  7. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

That's from way back though, which means rulings could change.

They retroactively made it so you can't Junk Arm for a card you discard with it, for example. These people change their minds.
  8. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Havn't there already been some tournaments in Japan? Someone must know the ruling.
    I fully expect it to be used T1, but if they don't rule it that way, meh, opportunity for super fast Eevee gone.

If the game allows a potential ludicrous amount of damage to be dealt by the player going second, I don't see why they would draw the line at Stage 1's poking for far less.
  9. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

@Ein
    Well, to be fair Evolution acceleration has been tried before and honestly? I didn't like the results. Pokémon specific is less of an issue, but the core problem will remain; either you "pre-nerf" Evolutions so that speeding them up doesn't "break" things, or you allow them to be overpowered... which sometimes still happens regardless of attempts at toning them down to compensate for the Evolution!

Early game Energy and Evolution acceleration, coupled with damaging attacks that go off on a player's first turn are a serious issue in the game. Now, seeing that so many other "problem" Pokémon remain, it would seem almost odd for them to "pick on Eevee" by worrying about overpowering it but not worrying about other more recent cards; it takes some luck, but Blacksmith means any Basic Fire-Type can access attacks with costs of three or four Energy if they require mostly Colorless Energy or Fire Energy.
  10. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

You want to know why I think it's not been posted online?

I think the Japanese is very strictly clear that there's nothing against T1 evolution. From what little I know about the language, a most accurate translation would be "*Any* time you attach a Basic energy...", which Bulbapedia's translation seems to support.

It's not been answered...because the answer is written on the card.
    hfechhelm and MaverickNate like this.
  11. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Thanks for all the input! I do really believe we should be able to use the ability one the first turn and will think so until told otherwise
  12. MaverickNate

MaverickNate Active Member

Furious Fists was officially revealed today!

I'm most excited about the 8 added promotional cards. We already know one is Hawlucha-EX. Two of them are before Fighting-type Lucario-EX, and three of them are Trainer cards. How exciting
  13. kbs021

kbs021 Member

I think two of the trainers will be super scoop up and enhanced hammer. Third i am guessing will be foul play coin or hand scope.
  14. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Agreed. I esspecially think that enhanced hammer is returning because Japan has it, and for the formats to be even, we have to have it to.
  15. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

Pity, its an overpowered card in most formats. Yes, I believe we have some overpowered Special Energy cards (and are probably getting at least one more next set), but its the classic "two wrongs don't make a right" scenario, or in this case two broken cards that counter each other don't actually create balance. ;)

But the real reason I came to post on this thread was this old post, because official images for the English versions of Lucario-EX and M-Lucario-EX are out:

Well, all three names were modified, and honestly I am not sure which one baby_mario was talking about... plus the changes that were made might not be changes, but just how TPCi decided to translate things: "scud" is a kind of missile, "screw" and "corkscrew" are somewhat interchangeable in how they are being used here (describing the spinning/spiraling motion of a strike) as are "blow" and "smash", and... well "kick" does not equal "high", but at the same time a high somersault is a strange attack to have (that's just a spinning jump in the air), though I guess not in video games.
  16. Mandalayon

Mandalayon New Member

Apparently the three trainer cards are reprints of Full Heal, Energy Switch and Super Scoop Up.

Yay for SSU, but booh on the other two. We get a tool that does virtually the same as Full Heal, and Energy Switch already is and certainly remains in the coming format.

Especially the lack of Enhanced Hammer is kind of bothering me. One of the most fun things was hammering away energies, then knocking out the Pokémon with the most remaining.
  17. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Yay for no Enhanced Hammer!
    Otaku likes this.
  18. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Boo for strong energy dominating the next format!
    hfechhelm and Tsunami like this.
  19. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Without enhanced hammer Herbal Energy is now worth playing. Strong Energy certainly didn't need any more benefits though.
  20. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Agreed, but i think they will release hammer as a promo since it is legal in japan.