Japanese Set Hype Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by cabd, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Please contain all posts regarding sets not yet announced/released for English-speaking audiences to this thread. This first post will be constantly updated with a table of contents for various sets.

Post #17 starts the rayquaza hype.
  2. CaptainX24

CaptainX24 Well-Known Member

hype hype hype hype

But actually, I think it's about time we get a thread like this.
  3. reshikrom64

reshikrom64 Member

4. Innocent_Shine

Innocent_Shine still aka Lynx

Very pretty, but I wish the attacks were better. I don't mind the attack costs of two different Energy types on dragons, but could they at least make the attacks worth using? Even some of the Colorless-type dragons got the same treatment, but typed ones like Reshiram and Hydreigon only require Energy of the card's type.
  5. TacoTurtle

TacoTurtle So good, I'm bad.

There's a new special energy confirmed for Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast in March. It's highly likely that it will be a Dragon Energy, and in my opinion will probably be a Double Rainbow Energy for dragon types.

That makes sense, anyway. It would certainly help these guys to have at least a chance in competitive play.
  6. CaptainX24

Interesting... a Double Rainbow for dragons seems like it could be really useful. Not sure how I would feel about it being reprinted and working for all Pokemon, though.
  7. reshikrom64

reshikrom64 Member

8. CaptainX24

Yay? That means no Groudon/Kyogre EX if I'm not mistaken. And the dragons have so many prints already...
  9. Innocent_Shine

I think I'm okay with this only working for the Dragon types, since the attacks are subpar in general so far. They shouldn't be too game-changing compared to the EX cards, and it's pretty neat. I know I wouldn't object to having a fun deck with an army of Dragons.

Luxio Promo? Does that mean we're getting that Luxray? No complaints. (Looks like Beach's server is down at the moment so the page won't load, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.)
  10. thevilegarkid

thevilegarkid Member

DarMAXitan+Gardevoir! Dark Rush Venusaur. Lucario+Rocky Helmet?
    Skyarrow Bridge and Ultra Ball won't be as good as people give them credit for.
    (The above is my opinion)
  11. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

[​IMG]
    Shadowleone and Innocent_Shine like this.
  12. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Skyarrow Bridge will be huge. What deck doesn't want to pay less to retreat their Basics?
  13. Innocent_Shine

Venusaur, I don't know if it'll be widely played. Too many Catcher, but I could easily see it in Trainer lock to search out Pokemon. I also think that Sage's does well enough and I'm not sure how many current decks can afford to keep a non-Vileplume Stage 2 on their bench. It's nice, but not very practical sadly.

SAB isn't being hyped enough to fall flat on its face. It's already been tested in 6C and every EX deck, is a nice card. (Also Raikou EX + Eelektrik + SAB + Max Potion.) Ultra Ball...well Junk Arm is a four-of staple, yeah? I can't see using four Ultra Ball, too much discarding with Junk Arm and Ultra Ball, but it's going to get used. It'll the most reliable way way to search for Pokemon once it's released.
  14. FunkyStrong

FunkyStrong Member

Very, VERY excited for this.
  15. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

Darkrai EX replacing Dodrio in Chandelure decks Maybe?
  16. CaptainX24

I feel like that would make Chandy energy-dependent. And it also might take up more than 4 slots in the deck (I'm pretty sure 2-2 Dodrio is standard).
  17. DKQuagmire

DKQuagmire Member

Giratina EX and Rayquaza EX!!!

A new advert, courtesy of Pokebeach has revealed 2 new EX cards from the new BW5 set in Japan (Dragon Blade / Dragon Blast)

other cards in the sets include Hydreigon, Giratina-EX, Aron, Alomomola, Ambipom, Ninetales, Stunfisk, Flaafy, Trubbish, and Cascoon, Garchomp, Rayquaza-EX, Hoppip, Gothita, Electrike, Magmar, Feebas, Roggenrola, Stunky, and Altaria.

[​IMG]
    Giratina-EX - Dragon - HP180
    Basic Pokemon

[G][P][C] Tear: 90 damage. This attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on the Defending Pokemon.
    [G][P][C][C] Dragon Pulse: 130 damage. Discard the top three cards from your deck.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 3

[​IMG]
    Rayquaza-EX - Dragon - HP170
    Basic Pokemon

[C] Heaven's Call: Discard the top 3 cards from your deck, and if there are any Energy cards, attach them to this Pokemon.
    [R][C] Dragon Burst: 60x damage. Discard either all Fire Energy or Lightning Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 60 damage times the number of Energy discarded in this way.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 1

Giratina looks weird since it need grass energy for it's attacks, and the both don't seem to be anything game breaking right now, but the 2 EX cards do look pretty amazing in terms of artwork.
  18. Interludes

Interludes New Member

Re: Giratina EX and Rayquaza EX!!!

I'm thinking about Rayquaza with Inferno Fandango and/or Eelektrik... :rolleyes:
  19. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I don't make many predictions but . . . Rayquaza/Eels will be tier 1 and we may be looking at the next $70 card.

I honestly don't know what to make of Giratina or the other Dragons we've seen. Their attack costs suck so much. Maybe Dragon Energy will take care of that somehow?
  20. BLACKBLAZE78

BLACKBLAZE78 Member

Eel like rayquaza ex lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.