Keldeo Etherdex

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Zarco, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

After seeing this deck recently, I decided to test it out and see if it's any good. I like it a lot so far. My list right now is:

3 Keldeo EX
    3 Mewtwo EX
    2 Bouffalant DRX
    1 Tornadus EX (generally a good card for early pressure, but I'm not sure if I like it yet)

4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Skyla
    2 Bianca

1 Bicycle
    4 Ether
    4 Pokedex
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    4 Catcher
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Switch
    1 Scramble Switch (ACE SPEC)

2 Virbank City Gym

4 DCE
    10 Water

I'd consider -1 Water and/or -1 Tornadus EX to add in another supporter/Bicycle, and maybe another switch or some other useful 1-of (Max Potion? Eviolite? Scrapper?) but Tornadus is an all-around useful card, and having a high water count makes EtherDex work better... Any opinions/suggestions/comments?
    beboppokedad likes this.
  2. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

I had just read about this deck last night, and wanted to see a List to work off of. Considering I was thinking of 3 Keldeo, 2 Mewtwo, and 3 Bouffalants, I guess I wasn't too far off with the Pokemon lines.

Personally I'd think to thicken the use of Bikes possibly if you wanted a little variation, but it's pretty solid. Personally I'm shy 1 Mewtwo and Tornadus, and need another Ether and Dexes, but I'd definitely consider using this deck at some point in the near future. Any thoughts about adding Eviolite to the Deck as well?
  3. Zarco

Yeah, my list is by no means perfect or a model, the pokemon lines were kinda just thrown together. My goals were using Keldeo to beat Landy, 3 M2 for Mewtwo wars, 2 Bouff because Safeguard and 7-prize game (and good against most EXs aside from Landy who's covered), and then I threw in Tornadus because Tornadus (and I might take it out).

I'll try to fit another bike or supporter for consistency's sake. Eviolite isn't a bad idea, but it's hard to find space for a luxury like that. I like the card but it's pretty situational to justify it over anything else.
  4. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

I've actually been thinking about this idea for a while, but I just recently read something where someone combined both the Keldeo/Blastoise and Keldeo/Etherdex ideas, and did relatively well.

Who knows, since I have no shot at the invite, I may play this at a Battle Roads just for kicks haha. :p
  5. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

I have a somewhat similar deck (different attackers, but some same mainstays like Mewtwo-EX and Bouffalant). I had the recommendation to remove the biancas for bikes, although I haven't tried it myself.

I realize Keldeo's ability but 2 switches sounds maybe a bit low in the HTL environment.
  6. Zarco

I also do have scramble switch in here, so it's more like 3. But yeah, I have been considering another switch but it's not the first thing I want to do (I whiff supporters much too often, I want to add a Bianca and/or Bike before I add in something like a switch that isn't crucial)
  7. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Why not Lunatone? He is a great 2-card seeker and can use it for more than 4 times (pokedex max count).
  8. Zarco

I considered it but I don't really want to get stuck starting it, don't have tons of space, and 2 cards isn't very deep to dig... maybe if I find more room. My priorities are draw/supporters, then a switch, then eviolites and such, and probably lunatone after that.
  9. darkraiguy

darkraiguy Member

I would definitely cut the Biancas for Bikes. Pokedex makes Bicycle so much more powerful, especially when you are able to draw 1-3 cards of your choosing and still play a supporter for the turn. The list looks great otherwise, though. The only thing I'd consider is cutting 1-2 DCE for water energies instead. 10 seems a little low for a deck that relies so heavily on Etherdex.
  10. Zarco

4 DCE is crucial. Bouff and Mewtwo don't work without it. I'll try using more bikes I think, though I do like at least one bianca. I think I'll cut Tornadus as well for now. 10 water is good I think; even though I whiff water sometimes, my hands can get clogged with energy pretty easily.
  11. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

I have to ask; is Laserbank a requirement for this deck? If you don't run Lasers and keep Tornadus, you could try going for Aspertia City Gym to change things up a little (makes Bouff able to handle Cobalion EX as well as Tornadus EX needing 4 energy from Ray EX to KO it, though those are fairly situational)
  12. Zarco

I happen to think Laserbank is ridiculously good. It works in here against a whole bunch of targets and boosts the early-game strength here. I'd rather have that than be safer against Klinklang (this deck is bad against it anyways) and Rayeels (which you're also not amazing against). Both of these matchups, ironically, are helped by HTL.