Kenny’s Wisdom – Like Water for Chocolate

Discussion in 'UG Article Talk' started by kwisdumb, Oct 17, 2013.

1. kwisdumb

kwisdumb Member

2. Jiddypop

Jiddypop New Member

Just wish people newer to the game had even a slim chance of making any of the lists you provided....minimum 800 for cat list with just beaches! Oh well....
  3. kgenthe

kgenthe Member

You do not need Tropical Beaches to do well at a tournament.

Check out a couple of the decks from the NorCal regionals:

1st Place Darkrai:
    Top 8 (2) Big Basics:

-Kris
    Crawdaunt, Adam and Parenting101 like this.
  4. Pajamas

Pajamas Underground Member

Any thoughts about Scoop Up Cyclone? It feels like a card that was designed specifically for this deck, but I've hardly seen any mention of it recently.
  5. kwisdumb

kwisdumb Member

I did consider making a budget list without Beaches, but at the end of the day decided that it probably wasn't worth it. I believe that if you don't have Beaches you simply shouldn't run Blastoise. Not that its fair, the price of Beach is absolutely ridiculous and it's awful, but non-Beach options are probably your best bet there.

Scoop Up Cyclone has been talked about in the past and is pretty perfect for this deck, but I don't think you can forego Computer Search or Dowsing Machine for it, unfortunately.
  6. JayHornung

JayHornung Active Member

^This is honestly why Pokemon should have gone with "1 ofs" rather than Ace Specs IMO or even considered making Ace Specs 2 per deck.
    Jiddypop likes this.
  7. kwisdumb

kwisdumb Member

Yeah, while Ace Spec's open up a lot of design space in deckbuilding, I don't think there would've been anything wrong with being able to run 4 total (1 of each), or just 1 of each in general.