Kingdra/Garchomp C

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by MrSmileyPants1, Dec 20, 2010.

1. MrSmileyPants1

MrSmileyPants1 New Member

Pokemon: 21
    3-2-3 Kingdra Prime (LA Horsea)
    2-2 Garchomp C LV.X
    4 Unown R
    1 Unown Q
    1 Crobat G
    2 Uxie LA
    1 Azelf LA

T/S/S: 29
    3 Pokemon Communication
    3 Bebe's Search
    3 Pokemon Collector
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
    3 TGI Poke Turn
    2 TGI SP Radar
    2 TGI Energy Gain
    2 Judge
    2 Broken Time-Space
    1 Palmer's Contribution
    1 Luxury Ball
    1 Expert Belt

Energy: 10
    6 Water Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
    Garchomp C LV.X is the main attacker with spray splash-enhanced Dragon Rushes. Kingdra can also be an attacker doing 60-110 (assuming belt+ 3 spray splashes Max). Unown R, Uxie and Azelf help set up.

I took this deck to the Jenks, OK CC and would either set up and sweep or set up and run out of steam. How can I make this more consistent?
  2. pho

pho Active Member

warp energy and Lucian's Assignment could help this deck. Warp Garchomp C away, use Lucian's to attach water energy from Kingdra to Garchomp, switch back to Garchomp and Dragon Rush again.
  3. bcepicwin

bcepicwin Member

-1 Communication
    -2 Judge
    +1 Rare Candy
    +2 BTS

Judge is more for disruption, you are trying to hit hard or snipe. BTS and Rare candy need to be maxed out so you can easily get Kingdra out, and possibly donk.
  4. MrSmileyPants1

Sounds good, don't know if I want to cut the communication, though. Is there anything else I could drop?
  5. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i'd just focus on 1 pokemon kingdra or garchomp. if your focusing on kingdra make it a 4-3-4 line with ton of speed trainers. if your running garchomp c partner him with another sp(dialga g luxray gl or blaziken fb). and i mean cancel the other one out! the sp part wont elp much cause they both need entirely different set up cards.
  6. The_O_Zone

The_O_Zone New Member

Everyone knows about Dialgachomp and Luxchomp. I think this is supposed to be a more original idea. I don't think losing the one communication is a big deal since you also have a luxury ball btw. 3 Trainer based search cards like that is more than enough, and the SP radars are nice since they're searchable.
  7. MrSmileyPants1

This guy's got it. I'll take out the Comm and see how it works. On another note, I also want to make room for some sort of hand refresh card, like Cynthia's or Oak's New Theory, which is what judge originally was for.
  8. Trust me bro, When it comes to setting up worry more about yourself than your opponent, drop the judges for PONT.
  9. Amphachu

Amphachu New Member

I agree with Michael. You might also want to take out 1 communication for 1 more BTS.
  10. MrSmileyPants1

I dropped them awhile ago. Only I put in Cynthia's instead of PONT, because every time I use it, I draw into a bunch of useless supporters. Also, I'll probably go with Kevin's idea as well.
  11. baneeez

baneeez New Member

I think you should add in a Dragonite FB tech. It'll help a lot against Luxchomp which is going to hit at your lightning weakness.
  12. MrSmileyPants1

I like this idea. I actually looked at my list and thought that Crobat G might not help me out that much, since I've got upwards of three Kingdras doing the same thing. Maybe switch it out for Draggy?
  13. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i'd take a unown r out for dragonite fb. mainly because r's are good and all but 4 does increase your chance of starting with them. and if i recall correctly you can retire them unless they on bench like unown q
  14. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

Yeah tbh, you do have a very good chance with only starting with unown r, but on the other hand, it's a much lower chance of mulliganing/being donked which is just as important.

You've got to analyse just how useful crobat is tbh, if you're consistently getting kingdra out, then it shouldn't be too necessary, but if you have two kingdras out, and garchomp c x active and they've got a benched garchomp c x, you'll be wishing you had that extra crobat.
  15. MrSmileyPants1

I would like to include Dragonite FB in here though. What should I take out for it?
  16. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

I'd probs take out a judge, if not both and put in your dragonite FB and a prof oak/lookers/cynthia's feelings