Tier 2 Kyurem PLF, Deoxys-EX, Keldeo-EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Brochacho01, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

This deck is similar to T/D/K except for the fact the you cut thunderus all together, and run EXP share, and silver bangle. The list in my opinion is more cinsisten than T/D/k since you run basic energy, so you can't get enhanced hammered, and don't give up 2 prizes on your attackers getting knocked out. YOur math is better for 170 hp pokemon with blizzard burn/deoxys/bangle. You also have a bit more acceleration because of EXP share.

Pokemon: 10

4 Kyurem PLF
    4 Deoxys EX
    2 Keldeo EX

Trainers/Supporters: 37

4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    3 Colress
    2 Skyla

4 Colress Machine
    3 EXP share
    3 Float Stone
    2 Silver Bangle
    2 Tool Scrapper
    3 Team Plasma Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    1 Dowsing Machine - Ace Spec

Energy: 13

4 Plasma Energy
    9 Water Energy
  2. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

This is the list I've got so far. I had Plasma Frigates in case I actually wanted to use Keldeo as an attacker, but I guess I could just not use Frozen City in any situation of needing it.

4 Kyurem PLF
    4 Deoxys EX
    2 Keldeo EX

4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Shadow Triad

4 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Colress Machine
    3 Team Plasma Ball
    3 Float Stone
    3 Silver Bangle
    2 Exp. Share
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Dowsing Machine

2 Frozen City

6 Water
    4 Plasma
    2 Prism
  3. Naveed123

Naveed123 New Member

YOur math is better for 170 hp pokemon with blizzard burn/deoxys/bangle.
  4. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Is two Prism enough considering the fact that you are running 4 Deoxys? I would think that, even though it isn't ideal, you would have to attack with it sometimes.
  5. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

2 Scrapper/Dowsing Machine is a bit extreme.

You can always just stuff whatever they have the mirror on with Keldeo.
  6. Brochacho01

what would I do against suicune/mirror, people in my area will be running that deck since they have put together good lists for suicune/terrakion, so I would die against that.
    I am thinking of maybe running 1 prism, because the thing is is that enhanced hammer is still played, and if my opponent drops it on me, i could lose the game from that.
  7. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

But what if you have to attack with Deoxys? Will you just roll over and die?
  8. Brochacho01

if I have to attack with deoxys I am aleady rolling over and dieing, because I would have attacked with keldeo before I attacked with deoxys.
    Wrags23 likes this.
  9. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

against suicune terrakion you use enhanced hammer and stuff them w/ a keldeo.
  10. jeffrey3421

jeffrey3421 Swarm Wannabe

It's not extreme at all. Two Tool Scrapper is pretty standard, and if you need another one you can Dowsing Machine for it. Dowsing Machine isn't exclusively for Tool Scrapper. If you need a Colress Machine, Dowsing Machine can do that too. It is essentially another copy of every single trainer in your deck.
  11. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

And then you're still blocked out by Safeguard.
  12. okcd

okcd New Member

In my test with KDK, I do need to attack with deoxys a lot of times. Since deoxys can be charged with a prism and a colress machine in one turn and hit big.

Consider your Kyurem just attacked with a frost spear and then got knock out by Darkrai Ex or Genesect Ex, you can charge your deoxys in one turn, hit 90 or 120 and KO Darkhai or Genesect.
  13. Brochacho01

you can pretty do the exact same ting with keldeo, but it takes longer but is harder to counter in the plasma matchup
  14. okcd

okcd New Member

Not really.

1. keldeo needs 3 energy to attack while deoxys needs 2
    2. keldeo can not use colress machine to attach plasma energy.

That means your keldeo will be just catched and knocked out by G-Booster, then you may lost all your energies in play.
  15. Brochacho01

not nescessarily, I am faster then that deck, so by turn 2 I am blizzard burning ko'ing there genesects in one hit
  16. klvkboom

klvkboom New Member

I think the deck could probably make good use of a couple of Switch. Mainly because it looks like you're heavily reliant on Keldeo+Float Stone to get consecutive Blizzard Burns. Any target focus on Keldeo (either by killing or Tool Scrapping) might create a few problems. Switch could alleviate that if you lack Keldeos on the bench.

I do like the idea of Keldeo as a possible attacker, but the math behind Frozen City is extremely powerful, and its strengths might outweigh Keldeo taking damage from the Stadium. Kyurem+Bangle with just 1 Deoxys is an easy 160 damage, which means EXs are in both Frost Spear and Frozen City range. Your opponent can't do an energy attachment, which mostly likely means that Poke is stuck on the bench for free pickings from Frost Spear later on. Just a thought though, but it might be a very big play early game when you have only 1 Deoxys on bench.
  17. Brochacho01

I like the idea of the frozen city part, except that I run enough search and draw to usually get out a couple of deoxys early, and especially with using that strategy in the early game, max potion can be very annoying[DOUBLEPOST=1377917791][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys, Also, I made these edits:

-2 EXP. Share

+1 Silver Bangle
    +1 Super Rod
  18. Sanokumo

Sanokumo Member

this build seems like it could really benefit from Masquerain, the ability to have the EXP share where you want it then switch it for Bangle could really speed up the deck.
  19. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

I had a dumb idea for this deck, that being Manaphy PLS. Any thoughts?
  20. ZB977

ZB977 New Member

A few team plasma badges will help that as in the frozen city part