Tier 2 Kyurem PLF, Deoxys-EX, Keldeo-EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Brochacho01, Aug 23, 2013.

1. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

If you are badgeing Keldeo to prevent Frozen City damage so you can attack with him.

You are doing it wrong.
  2. ZB977

ZB977 New Member

how?? i dont get how it is wrong
  3. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

One, this deck shouldn't be attacking with Keldeo.
    Two, if you are attacking with Keldeo, its likely because you have been mirrored.
    Three, If you have been mirrored, you don't want to make Keldeo a plasma pokemon.

Putting a even one badge in this deck dilutes it for no reason.
  4. ZB977

ZB977 New Member

ohhhh makes sence now
  5. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

Took this Deck to a tournament yesterday, wound up going 2-2 (8th for Masters out of 19, only Top 6 Masters and Top 2 Seniors moved on due to the small venue). It worked fairly well. I felt myself wanting Float Stones more than I did, and the losses I had were more than legitimate (Lost to a Darkrai due to Absol and Mime snuffing out my power, and the other Plasma I played was a good friend who's amazing). Lasers hurt more than I wanted it to, so definitely don't underestimate that when making this deck for the next outing. The deck was practically the same as the one I posted before, but I cut Shadow Triad for Super Rod.
  6. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

cool. But good job at the tournament. I eventually scrapped this deck and went to playing T/D/K because in my area we have very skilled seniors such as 2013 U.S. Nats champion, and people who consistently make Top 8 or Top 4 at worlds, so what I found heppening whas that I had little to no recovery so once my kyurem got knocked out, my deck would just fall apart and lose.
  7. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

Is anyone still using this deck? I've been testing it a little but the novelty is starting to fade, not sure what to do to keep it fresh for Philly in a week
    webjefita likes this.
  8. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

just don't play it, I played T/D/K at vancouver regionals this weekend and got 10th. I dropped this deck a long time ago. It has 0 recovery, once you lose your first kyurem, it's all over.
  9. webjefita

webjefita New Member

We have been testing it again since quite a few Gothitelle lock decks popped up lately. We have put in double Keldeo, 4 Kyurem, 4 Deoxys, and are also testing it with 1 Genesect. You have to be very disciplined and very lucky to have that one plasma energy for Genesect when you need it.

I don't have the list typed up yet, since we are still testing, but it does use a super rod and 2 energy retrievals. The energy line so far is:
    6 water, 1 psychic, 3 prism, 4 plasma.

Wondered if anyone else was still trying to make this work?

Against Lugia, Kyurem can score a OHKO with a bangle and 3 Deoxys. We have to figure out how well the deck can keep going after it loses that fully charged Kyurem. Darkrai/Hammers is the hardest matchup, which is the reason for all the energy retrievals and super rod.