Landorus/Terrakion/EX/Shaymin/Mewtwo/Bouffalant

Discussion in 'BLW-on Archives' started by AGGarchomp, Nov 15, 2012.

1. AGGarchomp

AGGarchomp Active Member

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, but the one most responsive to change."
    - Charles Darwin

I applied this thought when trying to decide which deck to play for the upcoming city championships. For a while now, I've been using Terrakion/EX/Mewtwo/Bouffalant with some success, and I really like the deck, but after testing with only some small changes, I found that it won't work as well as it had in the past, not even well enough to justifiably run for cities. So, I made some changes that make Landorus far more efficient, dropped the 3rd Terrakion and a Bouffalant, and added 1 Shaymin, which has made a remarkable difference against some matchups. From what I've tested, none are unwinnable. This deck suffers from slow setups, and prizing important things (Gold Potion, Bouffalant, Terrakion, etc.) can be devastating. That's why there's a bad card like Town Map. Here's the list I have now:

Pokemon: 10
    2 Landorus-EX
    2 Mewtwo-EX
    2 Terrakion-EX
    2 Terrakion
    1 Bouffalant
    1 Shaymin-EX

T/S/S: 36
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Switch
    3 Super Scoop Up
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 Exp. Share
    3 Crushing Hammer
    1 Super Rod
    1 Town Map
    1 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Gold Potion

3 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    2 Random Receiver
    2 Skyla
    2 Cheren

Energy: 14
    8 Fighting Energy
    3 Grass Energy
    3 Double Colorless Energy

Of course, room for the 4th catcher would be much appreciated, but everything in here is used on a gamely basis or is too valuable when it is used to drop. I think I'm in a limited mindset, so outside input would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!
  2. Slowbro

Slowbro is excited for next season

I haven't tested this deck, but might I suggest dropping the terrakion exs and perhaps adding some ho ohs? Just something to consider.
  3. Milky

Milky Watercooling Veteran

Drop the Shaymin, increase Mewtwo and DCE counts. More consistency, better Keldeo counter.
    Hunter2hitman likes this.
  4. StrongRhino

StrongRhino 6P fantasy football champ 2013!

Aaargh! Another deck with no Teir!
  5. Milky

I just don't understand, WHY ARE PEOPLE SO AFRAID OF KELDEO?
  6. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Because it wrecks the deck.
  7. PkmnHu

PkmnHu Member

Keldeo wrecks rouge decks that don't use ex's.. And it wrecks landorus... but that's about it.. If they want to attach enough energies to ko an ex like darkrai, they put themselves in a possition to be countered by a DCE Mewtwo return ko. if they dont then they then have to accept the 2hko's they deal and recieve.
  8. Angry_Brother

Angry_Brother Almost any 6p member is ueban

Just answer with your mewtwo
  9. PkmnHu

PkmnHu Member

Then why even run keldeo if its just going to lead to a mewtwo war?
  10. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Step in, Keldeo 2HKOs everything, eviolite or not. Mewtwo is a 1-of in most decks if played at all.
  11. Angry_Brother

Because it's good attacker, that ohkoes any EX with 170 for only 6 energy
  12. Angry_Brother

No mewtwo in deck with that great energy acceleration, good luck, Chuck
  13. Milky

In this deck, Mewtwo is played in high counts. So I'll ask again, when you run 3 Mewtwos, WHY ARE YOU AFRAID OF KELDEO?
  14. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

cautious, not afraid. thiers a diffeence. mewtwo can make it at least even. but if you cant get a mewtwo DCE the on turn you need it. you can run, but you'll only be knocked out tired.
  15. Angry_Brother

Because you he ko your pokemon. you ohko keldeo with mewtwo. mewtwo ohkoes your mewtwo and you ohko opp's mewtwo. And after opp wins mewtwowar. Also you need 3 energy to ohko him with mewtwo. So you're in problem, he is in 2 energy on mewtwo lead.
  16. StrongRhino

StrongRhino 6P fantasy football champ 2013!

Not sure how much you would need Shaymin. Maybe add a DCE and other stuff instead?
    baby_mario
    galladeava
    Give this deck a Teir!
  17. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I dunno about galladeava, but being ordered around like that makes me not want to do things.

It comes off as a bit rude. Ask nicely and you may get a better response.
  18. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

Boy's gotta point.

I don't particularly want to 'give' anything.
  19. Milky

You're not going to get the Mewtwo DCE if you spam your deck with rubbish techs like Shaymin.

That's all theorymon Angry, please test it.
  20. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

i'm pretty ignorant with how to play terrakion-ex and the complex meta currently, but this deck seems to have an identity crisis
    arcanyx likes this.