Lucario Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by PokemonGeek, Jun 14, 2014.

1. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Please help me with my deck.

Pokemon - 13

3 Landorus
    1 M Lucario EX
    4 Lucario EX
    2-1-2 Machamp

Trainers - 35

4 Sycamore
    4 Korrina
    2 N
    2 Pal Pad

3 Muscle Band
    2 Focus Sash
    4 Ultra Ball
    3 Rare Candy
    1 Max Potion
    2 Switch
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Super Rod
    1 Scramble Switch

Energy - 12

8 Fighting
    4 Strong
  2. ThePokemonBeast

ThePokemonBeast A Beast At Everything Pokemon

if i were you i would run a 2-4 m lucario ex line :(
  3. PokemonGeek

No, m lucario is a tech mainly, not worth two.
  4. ThePokemonBeast

ThePokemonBeast A Beast At Everything Pokemon

well why is the deck called m lucario:confused:
  5. PokemonGeek

It isn't.
    It is lucario deck, not M Lucario deck
  6. Dark_Espeon

Dark_Espeon Darkness Trainer

Hi Pokemon Geek,

Not sure that M Lucario Ex is needed in this deck since Machamp will allow Lucario Ex to score some ohkos on his own without the need to loose a turn to M evolve.

Here is what I intended to use:

Pokémon (13):
    • 3 Lucario Ex (beatdown)
    • 3 Landorus (beatdown)
    • 3 Machamp (booster)
    • 1 Machoke (evolve)
    • 3 Machop (evolve)
    Trainer (25):
    • 4 Professor Juniper (draw)
    • 4 Korrina (search)
    • 4 N (draw)
    • 2 Startling Megaphone (discard)
    • 2 Random Receiver (obtain)
    • 1 Scramble Switch (switch)
    • 3 Muscle Band (beatdown)
    • 2 Focus Sash (withstand)
    • 1 Sacred Ash (retrieval)
    • 3 Rare Candy (evolve)
    • 3 Ultra Ball (search)
    • 1 Max Potion (heal)
    • 2 Pal Pad (retrieve)
    • 3 Fighting Stadium (beatdown)
    Energy (12):
    • 8 Fighting Energy
    • 4 Strong Energy

I like the stable N count in this deck since it is draw in the start of the game and disruption in the middle of the match. N and Korrina are the stables to be retrieved with Pal Pad and I like to have Random Receiver to search them out fast.
  7. PokemonGeek

M Lucario is still good, as it works with the three energy somersault high attack
  8. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member

Well I'd play Stunfisk in it.

Provided you get three energy on Lucario for his third attack, you need to hit 3/4 of the +20 modifiers to get 160 damage.

Stunfisk can do 20 to the bench, placing some 'forgettable' damage early on/or in late game to get a KO after losing your Lucario.

Let's face it, a Mewtwo with a DCE will be doing 160 to you if you have two energy. With a laserbank or previous damage, thats a OHKO (or you lose Lucario going into their turn with standard poison). You can't afford to take two turns to get a KO. Even in Plasma, Deoxys EX will hit for 180 provided it has its plasma energy and you have two energy. You can't afford to not compensate for this, because if you aim to attack twice with Lucario, you're hosed if you get catcher'd/lysandre'd.

Once this set hits, expect a lot of Mewtwo and Enhanced Hammers. Everyone packs Megaphone these days for Garbodor anyways. You'll need the odd 20 damage from Stunfisk, or another plan, because no way are you gonna consistently achieve Muscle Band, Strong Energy, Fighting Stadium & Machamp, or 4 of those at once. Aiming for consistently achieving three of those is a good bet for playtesting, but denies you the OHKO on 170/180HP EX, unless you hit for weakness.
    hfechhelm and OshaWaterBottle like this.
  9. DrkMatter

DrkMatter New Member

Maybe it'll be good to add in 1 or 2 Pokemon Fan Collector since the deck won't be as reliant on draw supporters. Between Fan Collector and Korrina, you should be able to get out most of the Fighting Pokemon that you want, reducing the need of using Ultra ball and discarding cards that might otherwise be useful.
  10. druddigon

druddigon New Member

I can´t find a way how to deal with mewtwo-ex, I really like Lucario-EX but this weakness is so weak!
  11. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

I'd imagine you could keep Mewtwo at bay by running your own Mewtwo's and keeping energy attachments on Lucario sparce. If you find yourself using Lucario EX's single [F] attack often, you can effectively run (Super) Scoop Up Cyclone in this.
    hfechhelm likes this.
  12. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

No more Mewtwo wars, I thought they ended!
  13. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

They never end.
  14. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

I thought is was mostly over at least, since every deck doesn't run 2-3 mewtwo
  15. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

I really don't think this deck warrants 4 korrina 3 and a pal pad, yes, RR no, with after testing pal pad with RR was not very consistent and since the deck runs both re-draw and search cards it actually lowers the overall consistency of getting out what you want when you need it.