luxray gl question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pikazap, Nov 1, 2010.

?

do you think cards should be so expensive?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2010.
  1. yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. pikazap

pikazap Member

does any1 know where i can get luxray gl lv.x for cheap price its so expensive or uxie lv.x i usually dont spend more than ten dollars for a card if any1 is interested even tho its small i mean it shouldnt be so expensive for 1 or 2 pokemon cards right?
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

No-one exactly decides to make them expensive, it's just supply and demand on the secondary market.

Anyone who knows where to get those cards cheap is probably buying them for themselves.

If you want them for $10 you will have to wait until they are rotated out.
  3. ian

ian Member

professor-oak.com

they were 68 at one point now they are 76.
  4. 2decktom

2decktom Member

5. ian

ian Member

I saw uxie x on sale for 30 once. I try to use amazon as little as possible because they are so expensive.
  6. theslayermon

theslayermon Guest

you generally arent going to get a card like that for a small amount of money
  7. pikazap

pikazap Member

well i dont need it rotated i need it for competitive play and too really if im going to spend 60 dollars for one card rather buy a box and hope for a lucky pull for 80-120 dollars because i would get 360 cards
  8. Versilaryan

Versilaryan Front Page Contributor

Considering you only get two Lv.X's per box, and Legends Awakened and Rising Rivals have a TON of Lv.X's? Your odds are much better just shelling out the money for the cards. =P Buy boxes for the rares/RH's/uncommons, not for the Lv.X's.

Like everyone's been saying, it's basic supply and demand. There are only so many Uxie X's and Luxray X's, and everybody wants one. Obviously, if you're selling one, you want to make the biggest profit you can. So, people sell them for the highest price they think people will pay for them. And if /everybody/ wants one, there will be more and more people willing to pay higher and higher amounts for Luxrays. That's essentially how it works and why those cards are stupid expensive right now.

There are a handful of ways you can get one without shelling out the full $70-80 for one. One is, if you have enough really good cards and are lucky enough to find someone who really needs the cards you have, trade. The biggest problem with this method is getting those cards in the first place, find someone who's willing to trade one, and then in the end, you'll probably end up having to give up more than the card is actually worth.
    The other method is to wait until Cities are over, and about halfway between Cities and States, cards' prices will hit a low point before people start preparing for the Next Big Thing. Shortly before Cities started up, I saw an Uxie Lv.X go for only $50 on Ebay. Cons? Obviously unreliable, as you don't know if the prices will actually go down.

Like I said earlier, it's stupid how expensive these things can get, but they're expensive for a reason. You can make do without one, find a friend who has extras and will let you borrow them, or just pay the full price to get one.
  9. pikazap

pikazap Member

well i dont have money so what i can use other decks with lv. x i dont need luxray anymore my league will sell them for no more than 10 dollars when B/W comes out because of that trainer which i dont need ill use complete trainer lock deck
  10. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

Well I basically stalked ebay for a good couple of months before I managed to get uxie X for about 8 dollars. But that's a one in a million case, especially over in america, the market's not as busy in the UK.

And you should not expect people to sell lux X for less that 10 dollars just because of pokemon catcher. That's ridiculous, the value may decrease slightly but if pokemon catcher gets big, as you said, people will run trainer lock to stop this and once again, luxray is needed to bypass it.
  11. Versilaryan

Versilaryan Front Page Contributor

And you have to be /really/ careful of anybody willing to sell you a Lux X or an Uxie X cheap. I've seen plenty of people on Ebay selling WC cards and pretending they're the real deal. Then, they'll have "WC" or "not tournament legal" mentioned just once in the fine print so you can't have their listing taken down.

If you want to run a cheap deck, run Charizard. The most expensive card in that deck is BTS. If you want something more competetive, run VileGar or Gyarados. Gyarados SF's price is really high right now for a non-secret-rare card, but it's still cheaper than LuxChomp and it doesn't require Uxie X at all.
  12. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

yeah there was that guy who'd managed to sell like 17 luxray X WC cards at a rediculous price of like 35 dollars because the pic was of a real card but he mentioned it was wc in the very last line. So shady
  13. DialgaChomper

DialgaChomper Member

Heck vie seen uxie xs with yellow borders, they aren't even published by pokemon unlike wc cards. They're really the real fakes.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

I've also seen a yellow bordered lux x on bay for a whopping $500. That's not even worth one real one, it's worth like ten. And it said charity this caring that oh boo hoo. Sometimes I really can't trust eBay. :/
  14. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i found an uxie x on a site called asgardtradingcards.com they have an uxie x for $21. and shipping was a bit less then $5. though i still need a lux x.
  15. Nintendan

Nintendan Scrub

I got a Lux X off eBay for £25. Not bad.
  16. Cobolt

Cobolt Member

A market stall where I live sells individual cards, but since he doesn't know prices, all the Lv Xs are £15, RHs £2. Thanks to this I got mega lucky one day and got a Luxray X for £15, and a RH BTS, Power Spray and E-Gain for £2 each :p
    I doubt there are many places like this though...