Mafia General Discussion

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by cabd, Jun 15, 2013.

1. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

How is an Undercover role implemented online? I've only experienced it first time irl.

Basically, someone with a win condition of the town winning but is in the wolf chat and seen as another wolf. I don't see how it could work unless the person with the undercover role doesn't actually know it's true rolecard.
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

3. SoldiersSpirit

Yea, pretty much what I thought. I'd love to implement it but I just don't see how. I don't like the suggestions...
  4. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Or you could...not?
    Skaro likes this.
  5. SoldiersSpirit

Well yea, pretty much can't the way I see. That's why I asked if there was a logical way around it besides severe speech restriction but even then...
  6. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

My point is that it's a good way to make players hate you.
  7. cabd

Hell, you could even make the player only be able to vote, and post a single word. Doesn't matter. So long as the player can post, then players will come up with a way to read them. Hell, if I drew that role with a post restriction and the ability to vote, i'd vote and then unvote each scum player in turn, and then vote myself, suicide, and let my flip win me the game with town as they mop up.
    desufnoc likes this.
  8. SoldiersSpirit

Exactly, the idea just seemed cool :-\.
  9. cabd

Cool != Fair.

Being a good mod means fairness to your players above enjoyment of your setup.
  10. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Please don't put that in that setup. I respect you to much to let you do that.
  11. waynegg

waynegg Oceanian and good Party member!

Meh. Bastard roles are fun and keep it from feeling like you're playing the same game over and over. Just not more than 1-2 in the same game.
    galladeava likes this.
  12. SoldiersSpirit

With an undercover role I doubt you need anymore obscure roles in the game lol.
  13. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Ehhhh depending on how bad we're talking.

Jester, for example, absolutely is not "fun."

Judas/Saulus is close to that, as such a role can easily destroy a game.

Originality in roles isn't bad, but roles that are destructive to the game are a different story.
  14. Mares789

Mares789 To war!

I've just been reading WW I on site (sshh introduction to sociology is boring). I know that I occasionally get frustrated in games, but I guess it's good to know that we come from a darker place with even less activity and loads of flavour-based reasoning. Also whaaaat @baby_mario used to play WW?
    HighShroomish likes this.
  15. waynegg

I move to eliminate the all caps, specific UNVOTE, while standing on your head, and whistling Dixie rules. If a voter's intent is clear that should be all that matters. An UNVOTE isn't so crucial as it's implied by voting for someone else since you can only vote one player at a time. All the current rules do is allow for voting shenanigans.
    ProHawk likes this.
  16. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

You'll be happy to know that at least 2 of the next 3 games will be making adjustments to voting rules.
    waynegg and Mares789 like this.
  17. waynegg

Also, if anyone would like to vary the setups from what has become expected of every game (FTC setup) I'll be happy to co-mod from the ground up.
    Ziggmiceter likes this.
  18. GuyInFreezer

GuyInFreezer Bulletproof 2-shot Cult Recruiter

FTC?
    As in, "F the cop"?[DOUBLEPOST=1381958167][/DOUBLEPOST]oh wait nvm. XP
    waynegg likes this.
  19. SoldiersSpirit

Still taking applications for modding?
  20. Vaxkiller

Vaxkiller Member

Not that you guys know me here, but SS was a great mod over on TF2 site I frequent.