Mafia General Discussion

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by cabd, Jun 15, 2013.

1. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

Are we ever going to have two games going at once?
  2. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

What makes you think our playerbase could support it?
  3. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

New years resolutions?
  4. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Yeah I don't see that happening given the amount of flakes we have.

If you want to play multiples, by all means; go play on mafiascum or something alongside playing here.
  5. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I can't find a post anywhere on here explaining it, but what is Mafia and how is it played?

/necrobump
  6. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

X amount of players join a game. There are lots of roles to be given, and there are 2 sides. Town and scum (Sometimes indie in some games). Town must find who the scum are. Townies have more members than wolves. But, the wolves are hidden. The people playing must find out who the wolves are and vote it out. But, they are voting out (Or lynching) who they THINK the wolf is, so the wolf might be alive still! Then, at night, the wolfves discuss who to kill. Then, it repeats until either A.) The wolves are dead (Town win) or B.) The amount of wolves is equal to amount of town (I think....)

Or you can read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)
  7. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Seems fun, maybe I'll ghost the next game and play the one after.
  8. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Ghosting would be a good idea. When the next game comes available go into the Mafia Que thread and ask to spectate. Then we can all chat and you can ask questions. It's been a rough two games for me, I made some serious mistakes lol.
  9. ProHawk

ProHawk Active Member

Best way to learn SNS :)
  10. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Yes it is lol. I wish I had done that from the start. Oh well, damage is done and I wont make a serious mistake again.
  11. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

Do you think we could have another Anon game sometime soon? I'd offer to mod it, but I want to play in it. :p
  12. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Who all would actually be interested in playing anon and would be willing to commit to such a game? Honestly, I've seen more anon games fall flat than I've seen finish.
  13. PP101

Really? Huh. I personally really like anon games.
  14. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

What is anon games of WW? (I know anon is anonymous) Why is it so different?
  15. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

16. PP101

Here's an example of one that was played on the site a while back: http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/threads/werewolf-vii-anon-town-wins.8819/

All the names that were ???_WW were actual members of SixPrizes, but no one except for themselves and cabd knew who they were. It allows you to change your playstyle, prevents people from using meta on you, etc. I think it's really fun, but I guess others have the opposite opinion on it. :p

EDIT: ninja'd :/
  17. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

The problem is that it tilts the game towards the scum—as you mention, PP101, reading is much more difficult.

The idea originated mostly because a few people's egos grew a bit too much, not necessarily as a functional way of playing mafia. It's a pain to have two accounts if you participate in other areas of 6P, which can probably explain the inactivity issues.
    daGlaceon likes this.
  18. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

That was my problem. Didn't want to log on and off lol
  19. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

I personally like anon. It forces people to abandon meta and turn to actual scumhunting. (Or maybe I liked it because it was one of my best games ever....)

I would most certainly mod/play in an anon game.
  20. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

It's debateable, meta is one aspect of scumhunting.