MagneBoar - Magnezone Prime, Emboar BLW

Discussion in 'UG Deck Discussion' started by Adam, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Sample Deck List (updated through NXD - April 2012)

Pokemon – 17

3 Tepig BLW 15
    1 Pignite BLW 17
    2 Emboar BLW 20
    3 Magnemite TM
    1 Magneton TM
    3 Magnezone Prime
    1 Pichu HS
    1 Cleffa HS/CL
    1-1 Rayquaza & Deoxys LEGEND
    1 Mewtwo EX

Trainers – 29

4 Twins
    3 Pokémon Collector
    3 N
    1 Professor Oak's New Theory

4 Pokémon Communication
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Junk Arm
    1 Switch
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Pokémon Catcher
    1 PlusPower
    1 Heavy Ball
    1 Super Rod

Energy – 14

10 Fire
    4 Lightning

via: Oh My, He’s On Fire!

Basic Strategy

Use Emboar BLW 20's "Inferno Fandango" to quickly fuel Magnezone Prime's "Lost Burn" attack, as well as RDL and Mewtwo EX. Magnezone also serves as draw power via "Magnetic Draw."
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Re: MagneBoar - Magnezone Prime, Emboar BLW

Tech Options

1 Emboar BLW #19
    1 Shuckle HS Promo
    Stage 1s (Magneton + Tepig)
    Rayquaza & Deoxys Legend

Matchup Advice

4. thiagopepper

thiagopepper Whaaaaat?

Re: MagneBoar - Magnezone Prime, Emboar BLW

I really like this deck, and i've spent a lot of time with it. Here's a few techs that i've used:
    1 Emboar BLW #19 - When Jirachi kicks your Emboar #20 out, you can let #19 out and finish the game. Also, it is a backup attacker that hits 150.
    1 Shuckle Promo - dump tons of energy on it using Inferno Fandango, draw a card for each and lost burn them with Magnezone. It improves this deck speed a lot.

I still have some hope for this deck, since i really like it…
  5. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Update bump!
  6. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes

I really want to see this deck place well.

Somewhere.
  7. kgenthe

kgenthe Member

I played the above list at WI States and went 3-4. I think in the hands of a more skilled player it could easily top cut. My wins were zeels (RDL is a boss against terrakion, 4 prizes in 2 turns), Durant (Pignite) and Pachi/Shaymin/Mewtwo/Gigas (they couldn't take advantage of my Playground).

I lost to 2 CMTs (one game came to time, I lost on turn 3, couldn't get my Mewtwo) and 2 Durant (one went undefeated in swiss and lost to Jay, the other was my last game and I let his Rotom take out my Emboar).

In all, I was nervous not running collector but there was only 1 game where I didn't get a pichu on turn 1. I ended up using Playground on turn 3 just to finish off my bench and make my opponent waste a catcher to kill something to activate twins.

The only game I ran dry was against CMT. They picked off 3 magnemites on turns 2-4 and I couldn't draw/N into a Twins.

The only trouble I had with the list is that you want twins at the start of the game and N in the late game. It sadly doesn't always work out that way. I very rarely was able to N my opponent into 1-2 cards (and when I did they always got a juniper/pont). From a playing perspective you really have to manage your prizes and choose carefully when you take the prize lead. Twins is so important to keep this clumsy deck running smooth.

The best part is the surprise factor, and I felt it helped balance out my inexperience. I'm fairly calm when I play and when it's not my turn, my hand/cards are on the table and I'm watching my opponent's eyes. It was clear in most games they just had no idea what to do. Starring down 2 Emboars and 2 Magnezones is scary when you can't one-shot any of them. Plus they never new if it was safe to lay a Mewtwo.

Hopefully someone else with more skill can take a States with this deck. I do believe it has potential.
    connorquay, admin and Vysekun like this.
  8. Starmetroid

Starmetroid Member

I've been using the list Esa posted a while back and am liking it a lot. I would likely use it as my main deck if it weren't for those occasional dead starts without a baby/supporter
  9. vamprillo

vamprillo New Member

Are there any changes you're looking at to this deck with DEX?
  10. MultX

MultX I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE TREVOR DECK

I think Darkrai EX with some dark energy is obvious.