Making the best BlastGatr i can

Discussion in 'UG Deck Garage' started by cabd, Jan 4, 2011.

1. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

I'm set on playing Blastgatr, at least for cities, as money is tight, and I have all the cards needed. I am, however, trying to improve it, as I sometimes have slow starts. How can I bring some speed into my list?

Here's my current deck list:

2 bts
    1 dawn stadium
    1 lux ball
    2 junk arm
    3 candy
    2 warp point
    1 twins
    1 premier ball
    1 seeker
    2 comms
    1 poketurn
    3 collector
    1 FSL
    2 PONT
    2 bebe
    1 rescue energy
    12 water energy
    3 uxie LA
    1 crobat G
    1 smeargle UD
    1-1 floatzel gl x
    2 sableye SF
    3 squirtle PL
    2 wartortle UL
    2 Blastoise UL
    1 Blastoise PL
    2-1-2 Feraligatr Prime HS
  2. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

Our three main areas of tweaks for the list are: evolution-setup; search; and (perhaps) more energy.

First, up the counts on BTS and Rare Candy to 7-8. Setting up two stage two Pokemon is beyond tough these days, so having a way to fetch it all is crucial. Alternatively, you might also want to include a Spiritomb setup.

With the search cards, that could be fixed with a few more on Bebe's and Comm. If you cut a Poketurn and a Premier Ball, you're already halfway there.

As for the energy, I'm not so sure if you even need more, but it's possible you might. Just a consideration.

Potential cards for cutting:

*Dawn Stadium (nice to have, but unnecessary)
    *Junk Arms (overall an amazingly powerful card, but not as strong here as in other lists)
    *Premier Ball
    *Poketurn
    *FSL? My acronyms are a bit off today
  3. cabd

FSL: flower shop lady. Although that spot is either occupied by FSL or Palmer's
  4. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

Ah, got ya. Honestly, I like Palmer's way more in here due to its versatility.

As for Floatzel, how is that working for you? It seems like you're adding an extra element of setup to a deck that's already very heavy on setup. It may be slowing you down, so consider cutting it for speed/consistency cards if it hasn't done you enough good.
  5. cabd

To be honest, the Floatzel X has been worth ten times it weight in gold. I usually aim to get it up quickly, as keeping those water energies is vital since i run low recovery counts. I usually use some warp point trickery to get it out by the second or third turn. I'll be playing at the Roseville Cities with this deck this weekend, and so I'm wondering if the meta there should mean a slight shift in my deck. Right now, nor-cal is heavily vilegar and gyarados, with low focus on SP variants.
  6. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

Sounds like what I've heard about Cali in general, sans goldedda's Dialgachomp down in Socal.

Good to hear it's been really useful, since I was worried it'd just be bait for Luxrays and Garchomps. Everything in your deck having a Shadow Room target on its head might be troublesome if you don't setup fast enough, and Mesprit in 'Dos may mess with your game plan a bit, but it could potentially carry you far. However, to stay competitive with any of these, getting in those search and speed cards is of utmost importance (Bebe's before Communications and BTS before Rare Candy due to your Vilegar concerns).

Best of luck!
  7. cabd

So, i'm here in the hotel at Roseville. Bought some cards, got a super-lucky pull of a RH BTS, etc.

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
    3- broken time space
    1- twins
    4- bebe's search
    2- seeker
    4- collector
    3- PONT
    1- interviewer's questions
    2- warp point
    2- communications
    3- rare candy
    1- expert belt