Tier 2 Mewtwo EX, Terrakion NVI, Bouffalant DRX

Discussion in 'BLW-on Archives' started by Gelatin, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

(Not sure if this deck should be classified as Rogue or not so if the mods feel it needs a change they may go ahead and take the appropriate measures.)

This deck is pretty much an anti-meta deck. The high Mewtwo count promotes early game pressure and can win the Mewtwo war if it comes down to it. Terrakion is a great counter-measure to Darkrai EX based decks and Lightning type decks. Bouffalant is an anti-Pokemon EX tank and can net you a positive prize exchange against EX Pokemon. Bouffalant has also easily become one of my favorite Pokemon out of Dragons Exalted, too.

Pokemon 9
    4x Mewtwo EX
    3x Terrakion NVI
    2x Bouffalant DRX

Support 13
    4x Professor Juniper
    2x Cheren
    3x Bianca
    4x N

Item 25
    3x EXP. Share
    4x Switch
    2x Tool Scrapper
    2x Eviolite
    3x Ultra Ball
    4x Pokemon Catcher
    3x Potion
    2x PlusPower
    2x Random Receiver

Energy 13
    9x Fighting Energy
    4x Double Colorless Energy

Potion helps soften the damage from Night Spear snipes.

Eviolite stacked onto Bouffalant means the opponent needs to hit him for 140 damage to OHKO; something many Pokemon EX will find relatively hard to do while Bouffalant can 2HKO back with Gold Breaker.

Tool Scrapper is useful just for getting rid of Eviolites on Darkrais that would otherwise keep Terrakion from being able to OHKO with Retaliate (or Land Crush).

Using Terrakion EX over Terrakion NVI is something to consider if you don't like having to rely on Exp. Share to accelerate energy.

I've been thinking about increasing the Ultra Ball count to 4 just because with only 9 Pokemon, you don't want to be stuck without one.

I haven't exactly tested this deck yet but I hope to get some play with it sometime soon.
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Seeing as how this deck did well in Japan, i'm gonna put it at tier two until we see what it does in the USA metagame. It could go down to three or up to one.
  3. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i love this deck. personally i never tried potion considering it nice but rather have advanced consistency. i find it odd his list doesnt run super rod. my suppporter count is 4 juniper, 4 n, 3 cheren, 3 bianca. i find 14 normal supporters find. but would run 15 if i ran random recevier as it would technically run through 2 supporters instead of 1. also i run 4 exp share as it is just amazing and i want to make sure i get it when i need it. not to mention tool scrapper. also i upped my pluspower count to 4. as it makes it easier to conduct mewtwo wars, t1 kill sableye or emolga. also i find that the times i lose or almost lose to hydreigon darkrai is when i cant hit past an eviolite. i dont think terrakion ex is that good as you run a low basic energy count.

also 3 ultra ball is fine. i find myself rarely using them as i draw into my pokemon a lot more. most the time i just play one before i play a juniper or before a bianca.
  4. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I've seen this deck too much on PlayTCG. It has a suprisingly bad Ho-Oh matchup, but the decks I was playing against had less Mewtwo and more Terrakion EX. It's a good deck, but I don't know how good it is in the meta. I imagine it having a bad FluffyChomp matchup, too.
  5. Gelatin

You have a point there. I seem to have a bit of trouble not only against GarTaria but just Garchomp in general. Bouffalant just can't do enough damage with Gold Breaker and Mewtwo can't hit hard enough with Chomp's low energy requirement. On top of that, Garchomp slices the DCE right off of him.

Terrakion is probably my best bet but even then I feel like I'd lose in the prize exchange.
  6. indercarnive

i find this deck takes a lot of discipline to use. you must know where to attach and what to attach. you can mindlessly attach a dce to mewtwo every time one comes up, that gets you killed against gartaria. my list runs tornadus EPO as an energy conserver. and in this format it wont die till about t3. unlike the t2 deaths of last format.

but no terrakion ex. i personally hate exs without tanking ability. to get 1 prize off a terrakion you have to do 130 damage. yuo have to do 90 technically to take a prize off a mewtwo. and we all know what deck cna always hit for 90.
  7. I love this deck. Might play it, and as a matter of fact, might make it right now.
  8. indercarnive

anyone comment? i'm starting to see the vegetation take over.
  9. Gelatin

I'll try testing with Tornadus the next time I go to League. Though I'm still unsure of how to find an out against Garchomp.
  10. indercarnive

definitely your worst match-up. i am experimenting with terrakion ex. and say use a basic enegry mewtwo or a terrakion ex to try to kill swablus and gibble. mewtwo DCE can do wonders t1 as your opponent generally doesnt run high candy count
  11. indercarnive

just came back form league. and i say i do like terrakion ex. but not for pump up smash. rock tumble is his shining star. 50 for 2 energy. and fighting type. KO eelectrik, KO dark zweilous, KO dark deino. ko gothita.
  12. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Why wouldn't you use Gothita EPO 43?
  13. indercarnive

future sight.
  14. calbears

calbears New Member

i really like this deck but how does it do against dragon/darkrai i used this in br last week and got 4th. I played it with terrakion ex 2/1 terkkaion count.
  15. Gelatin

I honestly haven't tested the Hydreigon/Darkrai match up at all mostly because I think I'm the only player with enough Darkrai to play that deck lol. I guess your best bet would be to apply the pressure on their Darkrai with Terrakion + Tool Scrapper trying to nail as many OHKOs as possible. Mewtwo can come in later and just swing after they've exhausted all of their resources.
  16. indercarnive

i genreally use mewtwo/terrakion ex to apply early pressure(3 energy mewtwo can OHKO a non dark deino. and terrakion ex can OHKO dark deino and dark zweilous, along with a PP for dragon deinos.) and can pretty much kill darkrais /shaymin ex/registeels. theres nothing else but hydreigon. he can be annoying but requires too much energy to really constantly take prizes.
  17. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

I honestly think replacing the Terrakions with Terrakion EX might be a decent idea just for some extra energy acceleration. Keep some Terrakion NVI, obviously, but add in the EX too.
  18. superw8

superw8 Did you?

that decklist is 59 cards
  19. Gelatin

9 + 13 + 25 + 13 = 60
  20. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

13 + 13 = 26
    25 + 9 = 34
    26 + 34 = 60, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Just for those of you who doesn't get the math at first.