My new Gengar deck (again)

Discussion in 'UG Deck Garage' started by Genguy, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Genguy

Genguy Active Member

Hey UG. I'm basically set on this deck and I guess I'll post it a few times till it thins to where I want it.

Here is my list after being edited by Kettler

4 Spiritomb AR
    4 Gastly SF
    *3 Haunter AR
    2 Gengar SF
    1 Gengar AR
    1 Gengar "LV.X"
    2 Crobat G
    1 Unown Q
    1-1 Mewtwo LA
    2 Uxie LA
    1 Azelf LA
    1 Giratina PL
    1 Chatot G

4 Pokemon Collector
    3 SSU
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Pokemon Communication
    3 Poketurn
    1 Expert Belt
    2 Cynthia's Feelings
    4 Bebes Search
    1 Luxury Ball
    *1 Junk Arm
    1 Judge

7 Psychic Energy
    2 Warp Energy

* I'm set on Haunter AR (The shadow bind one) as I love it for retreat locking and donking Uxie's. It's retreat is easily taken care of with Warp Energy and I like it much better then Haunter TM.

*I couldn't decide between the 4'th Communication, SSU or Poketurn. I decided to use Junk Arm, as it supply's them all and empty's your hand of Spiritomb.

For those of you who don't know the strategy, I'll refer you to here:http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/deck-garage/2301-my-new-gengar-deck.html#post22753
    I'm posting the list a second time so I can maybe get some more opinions on it. I'm hoping to get the list checked a few times till it works like a charm.

Thanks for responding,

Genguy.
  2. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

As I mentioned previously, a concern is "just" the two candy without any BTS. I'm worried that the way it's set up now, you'll have a very good early game, but clunk a bit mid and late games when you're replenishing Gengars. Even if this means adding just one BTS or just one other Rare Candy, I think you'd be way better off in the long run.

When deciding on a "tight list" spot like comm vs ssu vs poketurn vs junk arm, going with the most versatile, universal card tends to be the best choice, so opting for junk arm seems smartest.

Smart idea to post again, btw - it's a great way to catch everybody's attention.
  3. Genguy

Genguy Active Member

Thanks Kettler. You've been a real help. I have just 1 request, I know it may sound silly but I have trouble VS. trainerlock. I'm trainerlocking only for the first 1-2 turns so I don't need to run high supporter counts but when I faced Trainerlock (Specifically Vilepluff) Ttrainers got clogged in my hand and deprived me for resources such as "Set Up". I then tried to run it with high supporter counts and it just didn't work.

Thanks,

Genguy.
  4. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

One thing that should really help against trainer lock is a high Bebe's count of four, which has the added bonus of improving your consistency/maintaining it. You could make room by cutting...a Communication, and then something else based on your preferences.

Granted, this may be what you mean by "high supporter count," but it seems to be the best balance between mitigating the trainer lock trouble and not going too overboard with the supporters.
  5. Genguy

Genguy Active Member

I've edited my list. What do you think?