New Hampshire, States championship 3/15

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Salamencetrainer34, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. Floral

Floral Member

I will definitely be there.
    Salamencetrainer34 likes this.
  3. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

I might be there, but theres an equal chance I wont.
  4. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

Well I'm either going to New Hampshire or Maine hopefully, although since it would be my mom driving me (instead of my dad or sister, yeah I need to get my license already) I think that I'll probably end up going to NH as it's closer. :p
  5. neogeokid

neogeokid Ginger Ninja

Count me in for New Hampshire. This will be my first Pokemon TCG tournament.
  6. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

I will definitely be there with my +2 in the car. All for the masters division. I built a rogue deck I feel will be pretty effective, but no hints. I don't want to break the meta game before I get there :)
  7. neogeokid

neogeokid Ginger Ninja

For the people going, want to meet up somewhere at the event?
  8. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

Err actually I just found out yesterday that I wont be going to New Hampshire. I should be showing up at MA though. :/
    Gelato likes this.
  9. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

Well, the eve before. I'm going to be wearing jeans and yellow plaid tomorrow, I'm hoping to secure one more level ball before starting if I can, look for me. I have plenty to trade with, it shouldn't be to hard to find something :)
  10. Floral

Floral Member

I'll trade one before the event. I'm trying to complete my deck also. Looking for about 3 cards.
  11. neogeokid

neogeokid Ginger Ninja

Reporting from the State Championships, I managed to get 12th place, which is pretty good for my first Championship. Bunch of Yveltal/Darkrai decks and Plasma/Plasma Fairy decks running rampant with a few Virgen decks here and there all teching a Raichu to take down the Yveltals. I expect these decks to run rampant until Flashfire comes out in the US.
  12. Salamencetrainer34

Which division were you in?
  13. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

We were both in masters. I took 16th, good enough to prize nine packs, so I am also very very satisfied with my first premier event. After Swiss rounds, I had an identical win percentage with Dylan who eventually went on to win, that also was encouraging. I'm certain that a more skilled player could have taken a top cut position with my rogue deck. I'll write more about it later. :D
    Reshiphlosion likes this.
  14. Floral

Floral Member

did you run the klinklang agieslash durant deck?
  15. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

Well, I ran A klinklang/aegislash deck, but there was no durant involved. I focused pretty heavily on the lock with only a few techs against plasma/yveltal. I just wish I hadn't run three tool scrappers, I didn't see garbodor all day. Haha.
  16. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

Do you guys remember how many Masters showed up at the event. I just want to get an idea about how big it was. :p
  17. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

38 masters, with 8 DNFing.

I should also clarify, I ran keldeo EX/Klingklang/aegislash. Klinklang was awesome at moments and definitely won me at least one game, but the lock was provided by keldeo and aegislash.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  18. Floral

Floral Member

Oops. My bad about the durant. I heard many people talking about your deck throughout the tournament.
  19. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

That's pretty humbling, it's cool to hear. I was one win from top cut, but time got called before I could seal the deal on my last matchup. I would love to make mass states this Saturday but I don't think it will be plausible.

I think the lock is so effective, that even though you kinda flop around a bit early on and you usually sacrifice prizes, once it's established, it is pretty much absolute in most of the matchups I faced.

I hope to do an article on it, I just fell in love with the concept when I saw the synergy.
  20. Salamencetrainer34

@Vablakes You should really see this
    Vablakes likes this.