New Hampshire, States championship 3/15

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Salamencetrainer34, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Thank you. I'm going to go test this now, BRB.
    Salamencetrainer34 likes this.
  2. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

Any thoughts? I would love to hear more ideas from someone else who play tested the deck. :)
  3. I like Dusknoir in it. It helps you finish KOs, I've found that my opponents like to retreat once they get a ton of damage on them and try to deck me.
  4. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

That is a Huge problem with Aegislash. I won a game against this deck at States by sacrificing Emboars and Delphox's until they decked out, because this deck doesn't take prizes quickly at all. I think Dusknoir is probably the best solution to this, because 4 Kings Shield's worth of damage can KO an EX with Sinister Hand and keep you ahead in the prize exchange.
  5. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

You like dusknoir in everything:rolleyes: For good reasons too though
    hfechhelm, Gelato and Vablakes like this.
  6. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

I so badly wish I had been able to acquire a dusknoir line for last weekend. In at least one match he could have secured a win.

I am definitely +1 on dusknoir.
  7. I'd also suggest one of the Sword Aegislash, if you aren't running it already.
  8. SamSoldier

SamSoldier Don't know what to put here D:

Could you tell me why you ran KlingKlang?
  9. Suminorudder

Suminorudder New Member

Well, Klinklang is one of those Pokemon that is so irreplaceable in a deck with metal types. Safeguard Pokemon have found there way into a lot of decks because they are so good at buying time to bolster your own defenses, even when not used as attackers. And Klingklang is even stronger because it spreads it to almost every other Mon in the deck except Keldeo.

So really, he is there to provide a buffer if they have loaded EX and your lock is not established, and also if they have no basics, you can Stance Change to sword form and spread damage a bit quicker.