Organized Play & Tournament Q&A

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Tamoo, May 19, 2012.

1. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

Ask any questions relevant to Organized Play and Tournaments here and members of the SixPrizes community will try their best to answer them for you.

Any threads created that do not comply with the posting rules of this sub-forum (ie. it's not an info thread or a tournament report) will be merged into this main thread in order to keep the clutter in this section to a minimum.

Posting rules for this sub-forum can be found here: http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/threads/how-to-post-in-this-forum-please-read.6713/

And here is a list of helpful tournament resources to check before asking questions:
    Adam likes this.
  2. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I have a question, and it's fairly simple.

Does anyone know if there will be about 10 BRs between May 26th and US Nats?
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Yes. There will be.

BRs in the US run until about mid June and there will be dozens of them, if not hundreds.

The more practical question is: can you actually get to 10 BRs in that time? That depends on where you live and how much you can travel. Obviously a lot of the BRs (but not all of them) are held at the weekend so they clash, but it's probably just about physically possible if you are prepared to travel enough.

Realistically though, I think it's unlikely.

The tournament locator is where you should start.
  4. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

Probably not. I think there is going to be just 3 more weekends of tournaments, and if you did one each on Saturday/Sunday that would only be enough for 6 points from battle roads. That would be 7 points with the pre-release. If you've attended 3 league seasons though, you might have an outside chance at qualifying.

For Worlds, you are pretty much out of the running. First, you won't get a championship points qualifier through battle roads. There is 12 max points left that you would be able to gain from battle roads. Additionally, if you can't get the play points (10) needed for nationals, then you can't qualify through nationals.

If you do somehow manage to come up at 10 playpoints, then you could theoretically qualify by finishing in the top 8, but that's highly unlikely for you to do that well having not played in any tournaments at all this season.
  5. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure you lose all of your CP/PP after each season
  6. Bleak

Bleak Glorious beacon of light

I'd say you're quite a bit late for something like that. There's always next year, though!

I'd imagine that all of your CP and P!P are reset after each season. We don't know that for sure, since this is the first year with that system, however. Playing in Worlds and doing well will earn you CP, so it very well may carry over (though I doubt it).

I would just assume that the rest of this season will be "erased" in regards to making it to Worlds/Nats for the 2012-2013 season.
  7. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

OK, Thanks all! I expected what most of you said, but I didn't realize this was the first year with this system.
  8. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

What are the prizes for UK nationals in juniors is it the same as US nationals?
  9. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

It will likely be the same as last years tbh. In short do well and see it as a surprise :p
  10. pokemonguy

I did not go last year.
  11. baby_mario

The Prizes are not the same as the US.

AFAIK we don't get scholarships anymore.

Top 2 get a paid trip to Hawaii

Top 4 get invites to Worlds plus a big medal

Booster packs will also be involved.
  12. pokemonguy

What **** is that! Why?
  13. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

just because we discovered swear words doesn't mean we need to use them randomly.

Welcome to budget cuts. They happen in the real world.
  14. baby_mario

We don't get scholarships but we do get one more paid trip than we had before which is very nice.

Stop complaining and look at the world around you: the economy is in the toilet, organized play has had its budget frozen for years, and you can basically win some great Prizes just for playing a children's card game.
  15. NoPoke

NoPoke Raphus cucullatus

Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

-scholarships + extra flights = OP budget increase for UK.

Two extra regionals isn't a budget cut either. OP Budget will have been reallocated just as it is every year, but the UK got more than the previous year.
  16. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

Put it this way: Be glad P!P can even give out trips with our current state of affairs
  17. pokemonguy

Always making it positive thanks man I was getting angry with P!P (still am.)
  18. baby_mario

Why would you be angry with P!P?
  19. pokemonguy

About the UK's budget.
  20. baby_mario

But Ian has just explained that it has been increased!

We got 2 more regionals this year and an extra Worlds trip.

You have no reason to be angry about anything.