Organized Play & Tournament Q&A

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Tamoo, May 19, 2012.

1. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Well, you're not going to be able to find one any time soon, it looks like Pokemon.com is down for maintenance.
  2. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

I see that now. How wonderful.
  3. PellOfTheTundra

I'm a bit shaky on this point, so bear with me.

I will most likely be going to a "prerelease" draft next Wednesday. I've never been to a prerelease in my life, so what does it entail? Will promo be gotten? All these questions. Can't even think of them all!
  4. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

You pay your entry fee

You get six packs from which you try and make a 40 card deck (Basic Energy will be supplied)

You then play some swiss rounds with your deck

Then you get another 2 packs at the end. You also get a deckbox and the promo card (while supplies last)
  5. PellOfTheTundra

So basically what happens is whoever gets an EX puts it and 39 (-trainer number) energy in their deck?
  6. baby_mario

Some people do that, yeah. With this set you can also do Heatmor/Ether/Fire Energy.
  7. PellOfTheTundra

Good to know.

Just in case anyone wonders, if I get an amoonguss line, it's going in my deck for the luls.
  8. baby_mario

PRs are all about lulz. There's no prizes, no CPs, no ratings points.

Just play what you like and have a laugh.
  9. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

I played tri Piplup at the DEX prerelease...

went 3-0...
  10. PellOfTheTundra

Is trading before the matches allowed? Might make sure I get an Amoonguss.
  11. baby_mario

Nope . . . you have to build your deck with what you pull. Trading isn't allowed until afterwards.
  12. PellOfTheTundra

:( So I am going to hope for Snorlax or Amoonguss.
  13. Monferno

Monferno Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun

Play Combee and 39 Energy
    coolestman22 likes this.
  14. PellOfTheTundra

Vespiquen and 38. Woo.
  15. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

I saw a match between someone playing Amoonguss and someone playing Heatmor at my draft. It was hilarious.
  16. PellOfTheTundra

So guys! There is a site for the place I was going to go for my PLS Prerelease next week, and it says Feb 2nd, while Pokémon.com's event locator says there's one there on the 13th! I've never been to the location, so I haven't firsthand info. Is Pokémon.com probably correct?
  17. ghgoku7

ghgoku7 New Member

This might be a dumb question but, I live in Montana and the next closest tournaments are over 200 or 300 miles away. Am I allowed to compete in those tournaments that are in other states? I was especially wondering about state championships and regionals.
  18. baby_mario

You are allowed to play in any tournament in the whole world . . . with two exceptions:

1. Only legal residents of a country may play in that country's National Championship
    2. The World Championship is invite-only
  19. Googleplex

Googleplex Rule #3: Wear your heart on your cheek

Could somebody please point me toward somewhere detailing the prizes a stuff for smaller events such as Regionals and Battle Roads? Or failing that, could someone breifly outline them?

Would be much appreciated :)
  20. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

It's all on pokemon.com under the TCG tab, then click tournaments.
    Googleplex likes this.