Organized Play & Tournament Q&A

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Tamoo, May 19, 2012.

1. Do we know when the first wave of League Challenges are going to be?
  2. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

When does BR take place?
  3. They don't
  4. Salamencetrainer34

Wait what? Explain.
  5. Jirachion

Jirachion is now addicted with Pokemon gijinkas.

6. Salamencetrainer34

Whats this league challenge? Is it just the same as BR, just different name?
  7. Jirachion

Well instead of Battle Roads being in the fall and the spring through a couple weekends, League Challenges are at the end of every League Season, at the League. So say Season 1 ended on Sep 30, then your league's League Challenge will take place around then. There are 8 seasons in a Play! Pokemon year, so you have 8 mini-tournaments if you go to one league. Championship points and best-finish limits are the same, if I recall correctly.
  8. Salamencetrainer34

So, my nearby tournaments are only the league crap. The nearest one is the Humilau gym. I have never participated in any other leagues before that. Can I just join that? And what is it? I know you get some badge.
  9. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

Have you tried talking with the owner(s) of that particular league? I'm sure they'll be able to explain everything you need to know.
  10. Salamencetrainer34

Sorry to bother you all, but I really need to know this. I am awkward on the phone, and I won't talk to them. Someone please explain the TCG gym stuff. And if you haven't participated in one before, can you participate in one now?
  11. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

...TCG gym stuff?
  12. Salamencetrainer34

13. Jirachion

You are allowed to go to leagues at any time you want, whether you went last week, or you've never been to one. The TCG GYM things, are basically seasons. In the B2W2 season, they used the names of gyms, from B2W2. So it started with Aspertia, and will end with Humilau. During the season, you can ask for these cardboard sheets, that have pictures on the front and back, and shapes (Hexagons, I believe?) inside. Everytime you play a match, you can stamp one of these shapes. There are 4 rows, and 8 shapes in each. Once you get to the eighth shape in a row, the League Leader will probably give you an online code card. That unlocks some cards, that relate to the gym season. For example, Humilau gym would probably be Water-type cards. I hope that this answered your question.
    Salamencetrainer34 likes this.
  14. PP101

Really? I've never gotten that stuff. Whenever I go to league, it's just people meeting up and playing a few games. :T
  15. Salamencetrainer34

Ah that makes sense. Thanks!
  16. Jirachion

Well there really isn't that much of a benefit to it, because the cards that you unlock online, are hardly ever playable. :p

And there's one last thing. If you play 32 matches (For each shape) then you get a badge, that you can put in a badge case.
  17. Salamencetrainer34

Thats pretty cool. Once again, thanks SOOOOO much Jirachion! I really love how you were so detailed and explained it clearly! I can't wait to go to the league
    Jirachion likes this.
  18. Jirachion

Sadly, the B2W2 badges are made of cardboard and don't look very good. The BW season badges looked way cooler. They were like some sort of pin that you could put on.
  19. PP101

I mean I've never marked down games and stuff. We just kind of play. :p And we get the badges from defeating the league leader... is my league the only league that does this? Or do all leagues do different things?
  20. Jirachion