Organized Play & Tournament Q&A

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Tamoo, May 19, 2012.

1. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

So you DO have to be in a league to do League Challenges?!? The nearest league to me is 80 miles away, and it is on my busiest night, Tuesdays. Those, City Championships, and Regionals have been the only tourneys I have been able to attend, so that just takes away a big chunk of my tournaments. And this year, I can't go to Fall or Winter Regionals because of basketball events... this seriously sucks. 2 tournaments. All season.
  2. sibon

sibon official pajama cardinal

You don't have to attend a league to play in a League Challenge, thankfully.
  3. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

YESSS!!! Now I get up to 10 tourneys this year... score.
    PokemonPlayer101 likes this.
  4. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

Yea the league challenges are on the "off week" of each season. Also, the 2013 badges are actually made out of metal like the 2012 badge pins are but does not have the pin. And as for my league, we meet up every week, play and leave and on the final week or off week the leader or organizer gives us our scorecard, badge and code cards and that's it.
  5. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Just remember the TO of the League Challenge can organize it however he wants. He can deny non-league people entry from what I can tell.
  6. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

wait wat

So you're telling me that people could drive 2 hours to go to a League Challenge, but then find out that they can't play? Or does the TO have to state whether or not he's/she's allowing non-league members to join on the tournament page on Pokemon.com? (that was probably really badly worded, but whatever)
  7. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Most TOs won't deny entry, but there is no rule saying they can't deny entry. I'd be surprised if any denied entry, though.
  8. public_toilet

public_toilet Seriously Likeable here guys, Just sayin.

If a TO did that then they shouldn't be a TO anymore.
  9. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

wow that would be poopage if they did. so not cool!
  10. Tullavin

Tullavin New Member

So I was looking at the scholarship FAQ and noticed some clauses about it cancelling out after your 28th birthday. Does this just mean you basically get nothing if your 28 and win one?
  11. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

IIRC correctly, the rule is that you need to use them either before your 28th birthday OR within 10 years of winning it (whichever is later).

So no, that doesn't rule out over-28s getting one.[DOUBLEPOST=1388134807][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There are perfectly legit reasons why a TO might deny entry. A lot of leagues run in small venues with limited capacity. If too many people want to attend it's perfectly reasonable to give priority to those people who support the league every week.
    pokemonguy likes this.
  12. public_toilet

public_toilet Seriously Likeable here guys, Just sayin.

If there's limited space, you make players pre-book league members can be the first to pre book because TOs can announce it at at the next league session so those players can take their place first therefore having higher priority.

I was saying that if someone turned up after travelling 2+hours to a tournament and then to be denied entry because their not part of the club.

Going off of what PP101 said
    I could definitely understand if there just weren't enough space for a lot of people and it was previously said that league members were only allowed.
  13. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Can Trubbish DRX be used when it's rotated because of Trubbish LTR as the have the same card text?
  14. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Yes, that is called a reprint and is legible for play.
  15. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Thanks, I just had a huge mind blank.
  16. Drench

Drench Active Member

Am I able to play at the upcoming Regionals? My friends and I plan on getting a hotel, etc.. but apparently you need a certain amount of points to play.

I have 20 championship points, and 11 play points.

I always thought you needed championship points to get in.. but someone told me play points are what counts.

Someone give me good news, because i don't think there are any more events around before Regionals.
  17. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

There are never any Championship Requirements for Premier Events on the OP circuit.

The only event with a Play Point requirement in the USA is National Championships (and this is not confirmed for this year to my knowledge). Europe may have some other requirements, but UK Nats is the only one I know of off the top oft head.
    Drench likes this.
  18. fr499et

fr499et New Member

will i be able to use xy pokemon and cards after released on feb 5th
  19. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Yes you will. If you get the cards at a pre-release, you can't use until official release date either.
  20. fr499et

fr499et New Member

thank you because i plan to use a aegislash deck