Palace Format - Mewperior

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Gelatin, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

I beseech your help, knowledgeable 6P Forums. As I posted in @Rogan's Palace Format thread, I've been toying with the idea of a Mewperior deck for casual/League play. This is the list I've come up with and would like to know what you think.

Pokemon: 15
    4x Mew Prime TM
    3x Rhyperior Lv.X
    3x Relicanth CL
    3x Ho-oh EX
    1x Combee SF
    1x Azelf LA

T/S/S: 15
    4x Rossane's Research
    3x Palmer's Contribution
    4x Pokemon Catcher
    3x Super Rod
    1x Luxury Ball

Energy: 30
    9x Psychic Energy
    3x Grass
    3x Fire
    3x Water
    3x Lightning
    3x Fighting
    3x Metal
    3x Darkness

After looking at some Mewperior lists back when it was still legal, I've noticed that Absol Prime was found on a lot of them. I figured that if I wanted to throw things in my Lost Zone from the hand then I should just use Relicanth CL since it gets me some nice draw support. But if you feel I should swap them, I'll go and do some testing with it.

Though in my limited testing against my Gyarados SF deck, I've found that Dialga G Lv.X kind of poops all over me. And hopefully that's where the Ho-oh EX that Rogan mentioned would come. Luckily the rainbow turkey has the ability to OHKO Dialga G Lv.X and has some nice synergy with Hard Crush's self mill.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
  2. HEZ

HEZ Active Member

Wow, things get so much more interesting once you leave Modified behind... self mill decks in Pokemon? That's awesome!
    The Relicanth is ok if you start with it as it just lets you draw and Lost Zone (hopefully a Rhyperior) for a T2 Hard Crush off Mew. The only problem I see is starting with anyone else, it'd be ok if you had a little more choice over your starting hand (ala 150 format) but getting stuck with Combee or Azelf would suck. The Ho-Oh mill plan is nice but there's the problem of starting with that one too :/

I think maybe 4 Mew, 3 Relicanth and just 2 Ho-Oh so you hopefully don't start with it, though as you said it's good for the Dialga matchup and combos with Hard Crush. Anything else you want to see off should be an evolution for more consistent starts. With Mewtwo LV.X banned Dialga should be your only worry, just work on ways to beat that.
  3. Gelatin

Yeah, was actually thinking of shifting over to just two Ho-oh EX, -1 Relicanth, +1 Absol, and adding a little more Darkness energy to the equation. Might even just drop Azelf since I already have 3 Rhyperior - not going to be too worried about him being stuck in the prizes.

Why is Rhyperior Lv.X still $10-ish when I look online? Even the tin promos are about the same price.
  4. Gelatin

Necro-bump because I now have the means to buy some Rhyperiors. Updated list below. Maybe I can get these in by next weekend and I'll be able to play. Updated list below. Comments and critique are welcome.

Pokemon: 13
    4x Mew Prime TM
    2x Rhyperior LV.X
    2x Relicanth CL
    2x Ho-oh EX
    1x Absol Prime
    1x Combee SF
    1x Azelf LA

T/S/S: 13
    4x Roseanne's Research
    3x Palmer's Contribution
    4x Pokemon Catcher
    1x Dual Ball
    1x Luxury Ball

Energy: 34
    15x Psychic
    9x Dark
    6x Whatevers Energy (for Ho-oh)
    4x Rescue Energy
  5. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

It's pretty cool to see some love for Palace! I have a MagneRock deck built myself.

Have you considered/heard of Delcatty PL?

A 1-1 Claydol GE line would be cool too, just so you don't deck yourself.
  6. Gelatin

Claydol would be cool but I've already got Azelf and Luxury Ball taking up my 4 points for the deck.

Delcatty might be cool though.
  7. coolestman22

Oh, forgot Luxury Ball was points.

Although TBH I see no need for Azelf. Maybe a 1-of Junk Arm as a replacement?
  8. Gelatin

Azelf in case Rhyperior is stuck in the prizes. I'd have cut him for a 3rd Rhyperior but I can't afford it at the moment. Though with all the other cards and crazy-low amount of Pokemon, that should not happen a lot. I'll look into other options.
  9. coolestman22

That's why you have a second Rhyperior, right?
  10. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

The deck can hypothetically go aggro Ho-oh if you need to grab a prized Rhyperior, but it shouldn't happen too often. It's useful but maybe a Uxie or Claydol (or Junk Arm) would help more. Is luxury ball that important, too? Either way... Love the deck idea, and love the format idea (kinda want to make a tourney or something for it, but I'm clueless as to how to deckbuild for this.
  11. coolestman22

Start with 4 Roseanne's Research and a draw engine of some sort, find a decent attacker, play search.
  12. Gelatin

But...but...prizes D: I'll screw with the list a little though when I actually have the all the cards.

On a general note, I feel like any Stage 2 deck can do exceptionally well in Palace Format with Broken Timespace+Skyla.
  13. coolestman22

Yep. I play Claydol GE over BTS though.