People on playtcg Disgust Me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by baby_mario, Feb 14, 2013.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I've never played online random matches much, but decided to give it a go and test some decks.

After a few hours I was reminded why this is a bad idea.

Just to get it straight, I've played some nice friendly games with some good players. In fact, I have found (as in real life most of the time) that the better the player, the nicer the person. Magnechu was a very cool guy to have a game with and we had a good chat afterwards.

But some of the people on there . . . ugh . . . people who scoop after you KO one Squirtle . . . people who repeatedly call you a 'lucksack' because you used an Ultra Ball to get a Victini! (What are the odds, eh?). Then stuff like this happens . . .

Me: Skyla for Juniper
    Kalba_ (yes, I'm naming names): you can't do that, it says Items
    Me: Umm . . . yes I can
    Kalba_: bye noob (quits game)

I really hope this doesn't apply to any member of 6P, but just in case it does . . . sort yourselves out and learn how to play like a decent human being.

Anyhoo . . . that's my rant done. Feel free to share your stories of craptastic encounters with socially inept losers online.
    PokemonPlayer101 and desufnoc like this.
  2. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

Guy retreats Tornadus in order to Dynamotor to it, the retreats the Rayquaza he promoted in order to go back to the other one.

Me: Dood, you already retreated this turn.
    Him: Skyarrow helps with that ;)
    Me: No Dood, it's a rule. Only one retreat a turn.
    He left.
  3. XD001

XD001 On the wings of darkness she'll retaliate

Its amazing how low people go when someone corrects something they did wrong. I would never just quit a battle if someone corrected me on something, its just not good sportsmanship. Even if its online you're still ACTUALLY playing someone. I know this sounds harsh, but its true.

I'm gonna start playing online soon so you can battle with me if you want. I'll edit this post when i start. You can count on me to not LEAVE a battle.:D
  4. baby_mario

I don't mind people not knowing the rules - we all start somewhere.

I don't mind people scooping a hopeless situation.

What I do mind is people being downright rude and ignorant when they get called on their errors and people who refuse to play out a game unless they get a god start.

It's always the terrible players who behave like this.
    coolestman22 likes this.
  5. PellOfTheTundra

Well, do you mind me seeing Klinklang hit the field with my Darkrai deck and scooping?
  6. sibon

sibon official pajama cardinal

The worst people are the ones who just leave, without explanation.

I was playing a really nice (or so it seemed) guy from Norway, but as soon as I swung the game in my favor (Hypnotoxic + Gold Breaker on a Mewtwo, putting him on a 1 turn clock to retreat) he just disconnected.
  7. I would stick to PTCGO, but I don't have all the cards I need on there.

Well, anyway, I once battled a person who started Mewtwo. He attaches 2 DCE and 3 Fighting and Junipers. I tell him that he can only attach one energy. He ignores me and attaches 3 more energy and Junipers again. He attaches 4 more energy, and Skylas for ANOTHER Juniper. Well, that happens once more, and he actually OHKOs my Darkrai. I said "All right, I'll show him." I activated my benched Mewtwo, attached DCE and OHKOed his lone Mewtwo-EX. The moral of the story: do not load up a bunch of energy on a Mewtwo if your opponent has a benched Mewtwo.

Another time, my opponent retreated, played Switch, played Bianca and tried to retreat again. I informed him that he had already retreated. The next message was him saying "X you." On PlayTCG, the filter replaces swearing with X. I told him that he was getting reported, and he was.

I really wish I had all the cards I needed on PTCGO.
  8. baby_mario

I guess if you knew full well you had no outs, it's fine. As long as you let the opponent know and not just disconnect.
  9. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

I have never liked PlayTCG.... if u can get the cards on PTCGO its SO much bettter. The graphics are beautiful, people can't cheat and its nice to have your own collection.
  10. PellOfTheTundra

I hate when that happens. Was testing ZEXeels against Blastpony, I get 2 Prizes from the Keldeo kill, he leaves.
  11. baby_mario

Yeah, PTCGO would be ideal . . . but I don't have all the cards to test everything I want to test. CBA to trade/enter codes a lot of the time.

playtcg would be fine if people would just be polite and show some sportsmanship. Is that really too much to ask?
  12. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

I've played a few video games with scenarios similar to what has already been detailed. I no longer play any of them, purely because of the sheer amount of scum that plays those games. I haven't played too many games on Playtcg, and I can honestly say that I'm grateful that I haven't run into any terrible players.

As for PTCGO, I'm fine with shelling out $10 every once in a while to get the codes to trade for what I need online. I just feel like the program likes to stack my cards every other game >.>. I've played 6 games in the past week (total of ~30-40 games) where I've had 3 N in my opening hand.
  13. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I had one guy CONVINCED he could Junk Arm for N last year.

Not 100% his fault because they changed the categories, but that was a nightmare.
  14. Bleak

Bleak Glorious beacon of light

Honestly, I don't go anywhere near the online programs (mostly, at least) for this very reason.

At least while testing in person you know whoever you're playing is good and you've got more of an opportunity to grow your relationship with that person.
  15. PellOfTheTundra

Seriously, when I first started the TCG, I forgot Milotic was a Stage 1. I may have been a YouTube Pokémon battler, but I do OU, not UU >.<
  16. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

That's why I play people from 6p on PlayTCG and not random people.
    Vysekun and PokemonPlayer101 like this.
  17. cruel_lizard

cruel_lizard Active Member

I was playing this dude and there was Skyarrow Bridge on the field. He tries to retreat Eeletrik with one energy. He doesn't believe me when I say Skyarrow is only for basics. I explain, he leaves.
  18. superw8

superw8 Did you?

I was playing against some guy, and first, he talked in ALL CAPS. He was yelling at me for putting a damage counter on 0 and putting it on a Pokemon that would be attacked in a few seconds. He called me rude. He threatened to leave when I had Poison and Asleep markers on the field not on a Pokemon. Also, when i was draw-passing for a few turns, and finally drew an N, he said LUCKY! I got a good hand off of it, and he said UNFAIR, I AM REPORTING YOU. He was winning. I dont know if he was trolling me on purpose or not.
  19. PellOfTheTundra

He was probably just a scumbag commie.
    XD001 and 765Bro like this.
  20. XD001

XD001 On the wings of darkness she'll retaliate

I think people do this crap because maybe they think that they can get away with it because they're not face-to-face.

Also probably because they don't have a judge breathing down their necks, watching their every single move.

That's my opinion anyway.
    superw8 likes this.