"Phantom Gate"- XY4 (Japan)

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by Floral, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Floral

Floral Member

This is the fourth set for XY. The type for this set is psychic. The mascot of the set will be M-Gengar EX. It will be likely that we will receive an Aegislash EX this set. The set releases in japan on September 13th.
    Gelato likes this.
  2. Ivysaurman

Ivysaurman Human Pokemon

I'M CALLING IT, THE CRAP EX IS GOING TO BE PELIPPER. SAYING IT RIGHT NOW, 6/23/14.
    Phoenix15 and hfechhelm like this.
  3. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

It would be so cool if the set had Aegislash EX attack/defense form and the deck had the opposite form. I also am incredibly excited to see gengar EX FA
  4. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Glad to see this set. I think we needed some more metal love as well with NO metal pokemon in the last set...
    Phoenix15, hfechhelm and TTSky like this.
  5. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

What would be hilarious was if the GOOD EX was Pelipper.
  6. Ivysaurman

Ivysaurman Human Pokemon

Clowns. Clowns would be hilarious.
  7. Floral

Floral Member

Mr.Mime EX
  8. StormFront

StormFront Active Member

It's about time we got Gengar, hopefully PCL will abide by the unwritten rule that all Gengar's must be good (Yes, I know the first one sucked).
    hfechhelm and Floral like this.
  9. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I'm fully expecting it to be absolutely broken.
    Phoenix15, hfechhelm and TTSky like this.
  10. Floral

Floral Member

Let's hope they make a stadium that only Gengar can use.
  11. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

They did, and wasn't that the "bad" Gengar?
  12. Floral

Floral Member

I thought Gengar prime was a great card.
  13. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

Gengar Prime was still an above average card, and it did especially well in Japan IIRC. And yeah, by the way PCL does things, M Gengar EX is probably going to be pretty OP.

I'm pretty hyped for this set since it's focused on my favourite type (Ghost, not Psychic).

Also, Phantom Gate kinda sounds like Phantom Force, so I'm really hoping that Mega Gengar's attack isn't one of those gimmicky attacks like Fly is (Flip if tails it fails if heads no damage next turn)
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Floral likes this.
  14. StormFront

StormFront Active Member

Japan had a different format than us so Gengar Prime was more successful. What hurt Gengar Prime in the HGSS format was Junk Arm and a move towards all basic decks, and ways which is could be one shot.
  15. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Japan had HGSS-on. Do you mean the MD-on format killed Gengar Prime or...?
  16. Floral

Floral Member

I just remember the insane hype around him.
  17. MaverickNate

MaverickNate Active Member

What if the Phantom Gate is the only known exit from the Lost Zone?
  18. Floral

Floral Member

Trippy.
    hfechhelm, HighShroomish and Gelato like this.
  19. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Gengar EX is going to have a nasty weakness. As long as Yveltal EX is running around ringing a bell yelling "bring out yer dead" no attacking pokemon weak to dark has a chance. I doubt he will be forced to meet such a terrible fate. We could very well see the first Mega form with an Ability.
  20. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

When Lostgar was dominating in Japan, they were playing DP-on and had Claydol, making it much easier (and faster) to swarm Gengar. Also, they didn't delay the release of Lost World like they did over here.

I'd like to think we won't ever see something as stupid as Fainting Spell again.
    Floral likes this.