Pkmn's CMT

Discussion in 'UG General Discussion' started by pkmn, Apr 19, 2012.

1. pkmn

pkmn that's when I won nats

Pls help me and I only have 2 Mewtwo EX, 3 Celebi, and I have never pulled a Regigigas EX

Pokemon:

3x Celebi Prime TM
    4x Tornadus EPO
    2x Virizion EPO
    2x Mewtwo EX
    1x Shaymin UL
    1x Tyrogue HS

T/S/S:

4x Pokemon Catcher
    4x Junk Arm
    2x Pokegear 3.0
    3x Switch
    2x PlusPower
    3x Dual Ball
    1x Revive
    1x Super Rod

3x Professor Oak's New Theory
    4x Professor Juniper
    3x N

3x Skyarrow Bridge

Energy:

9x Grass
    4x Double Colorless Energy

Pls help I also got no Smeargle
  2. dakotabeboys

dakotabeboys Active Member

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think CMT is going to be a great deck choice if you only own a single copy of Mewtwo EX. I'd recommend going with a Terrakion variant or maybe a Dark deck.
  3. pkmn

Terrakion variants suck in my area. I've changed my deck to CMT. w8, I'll edit the top list
  4. dakotabeboys

In that case, definitely try and get a Shaymin EX in there, which will help when the Mewtwo EX war starts early in the game as well as being a general strong attacker vs Zeels and Terrakion. I'd take out a Virizion.

With Dark Explorers, you could switch out Pokegear 3.0's for Random Receivers. 100% chance of getting you a Shuffle and Draw Supporter since that's all you run. Running 1-2 Tornadus EX is a solid play as well.
  5. JayHornung

JayHornung Active Member

The 2 Vizirion is a bit of an overkill, a single tech 1 copy is a solid play though.
  6. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

Changes:

-1 Virizion EPO
    -1 Skyarrow Bridge
    -1 Tornadus EPO
    -3 Fighting Energy

+1 Dual Ball
    +1 Revive
    +1 Pluspower
    +1 PONT
    +1 N
    +1 Shaymin EX or Smeargle CL

Just how I'd go about it from a glance.
  7. pkmn

dakotabeboys - I'll go for the Random Receiver, Shaymin EX just feeds the opponent with prizes, so I don't wanna play it.

JayHornung - I'll see, it helps me against Terrakion and other matchups.

Crawdaunt - I've added Dual Ball and I'll be changing the other 2 Fighting Energy into Revives. I really want that 3rd Skyarrow there.
  8. dakotabeboys

I'd actually go 1 Revive/1 Super Rod instead of just two Revives. You don't always want to put it on your bench right away and with Junk Arm you can pick and choose which one best serves you in that exact situation.
  9. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

As dakota said, Revive isn't always ideal. Super Rod is a great card for getting multiple cards back into the deck, and energy on top of just Pokemon. That's huge sometimes when you're looking for energy to attach that turn after Juniper'ing.

I'd add that I took out the 3rd Skyarrow just based on my decklist of 3 switch and 2 skyarrow which has gotten me a couple top 16's at Provincials and Regionals. If I could, I'd run 4 switch but I never found room for it. What I do know, is I've never wanted a 3rd Skyarrow.

SAB just becomes a dead weight card after the first one is played. It's great to have and 2 is good for being able to get it fairly early in the game, but 3 is overkill. A switch does the same job better, but only once. Switch can also be Junk Arm'd for, and is essential to use in attaching 3 separate energy cards in one turn (which happens every now and then).

The other big strength of Switch > Skyarrow is that when you're playing uncertainties like when you're about to Juniper, you don't have to use up your retreat per turn before you gamble. With switch, you still have options left in your turn.

But it's your deck. That's my advice, your call on if you should follow it :)
  10. pkmn

Crawdaunt - Thanks

Anyone else? Any other things that can improve my deck?