Tier 2 Plasma, Aromatisse XY

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by tynamo2014, Feb 23, 2014.

1. tynamo2014

tynamo2014 I BEACH!!!!!!!!

This deck attacks with thunderus EX early game to help set up kyurem PLF and get some damage on the field to help hit that magic 180 damage with kyurem later in the game. Deoxys EX helps kyurem hit 180 damage and makes thunders a lot stronger against yveltal EX and lugia EX and other lighting weak pokemon. Now if that isn't good enough already you can play prism-rainbow energies with aromatisse XY witch is a stage one that allows you to move your fairy energies around to your other pokemon, and with the special energies that count as all energies you can use the energy to attack and you can move them around with aromatisse. This moving energy function can also help you with healing because, say if you have a kyurem active and it takes 50 damage from a virision EX and unless you heal it the opponent will send up a Genesect EX and KO you, what you can do is move all the energies off your kyurm to a benched Pokemon then use max potion removing all the damage from kyurem and no energies because you moved them to a different Pokemon on the bench. Then you can move all the energies back to the Kyurem and blizzard burn with out having to worry about Genesect KOing you next turn.
    here is a sample list:

Pokemon:
    3 Kyurem PLF
    2 Aromattise XY
    2 spritzee XY
    3 Deoxys EX
    2 Thunderus EX
    1 tech based on meta (yveltal EX, hetran EX, virision EX.)

trainers:
    4 max potion
    3 fairy garden
    3 muscle band
    3 ultra ball
    2 switch
    1 level ball
    2 colress machine
    1 computer search
    2 tool scrapper
    3 N
    3 professor juniper
    3 shauna
    1 colress
    1 skyla

energies:
    4 prism energy
    4 rainbow energy
    4 fairy energy
    3 plasma energy
  2. Fanta

Fanta New Member

This is a design I worked on it for a long time
    Right now I'm getting good results with it but of course I intend to make the changes

Pokemon - 16

2x Spritzee
    2x Aromatisse
    2x Darkrai EX
    2x Yveltal EX
    1x Virizion EX
    2x Thundurus EX
    2x Xerneas
    2x Kyurem
    1x Sableye

Trainers: 30

3x Professor Juniper
    4x N
    3x Skyla
    2x Shauna
    1x Colress
    2x Shadow Circle
    4x Ultra Ball
    1x Team Plasma Ball
    1x Level Ball
    3x Max Potion
    2x Tool Scrapper
    1x Super Rod
    1x Escape Rope
    2x Muscle Band
    1x Dowsing Machine

Energy - 14

4x Prism Energy
    4x Rainbow Energy
    6x Fairy Energy
  3. TakezoKensei

TakezoKensei Member

Try adding Landorus EX, it's a solid non-plasma attacker, hits big numbers vs Darkrai and Plasma decks. If you're playing Plasma Energy, you should be also be playing Genesect. Red Signal is too good to ignore, it will win you games.
  4. tynamo2014

tynamo2014 I BEACH!!!!!!!!

ya that looks good, but you don't really need 2 darkrai i would take one out or even both and put in fairy gardens insted.[DOUBLEPOST=1393206407][/DOUBLEPOST]
    true, Genesect is really good i should play it. but you cane only play some techs not all.
  5. ddbargardi

ddbargardi Active Member

But Genesect EX isn't a tech, it's a must.
    snscompt1 likes this.
  6. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Thaaaank youuuuu. I tried explaining my deck to someone and they asked why I had Genesect EX but no Plasma Energy.
  7. TakezoKensei

TakezoKensei Member

If you don't play Plasma Energy, Genesect isn't even a viable option.
  8. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

For this deck, yes. For my deck, no. Genesect no Plasma is fine.
  9. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

I would still run Plasma Energy, but that's getting off topic.

The problems with this deck that I see are for starters, you're going yo find yourself always tight on Bench space, maybe missing KO's due to it. The other is that a field of Blastoise/Rayboar makes quick work of this , as OHKO's wipe your field of energy. Worst part is you can't even tech Frozen City; you need those Gardens. How would you plan to counter those decks?
  10. TakezoKensei

TakezoKensei Member

Check out my Aroma-Techs deck, it's very similar to this deck, but it's not so Plasma-heavy. Bench space is very tight in your deck, either go full Plasma or go more Fairybox. A mix of both doesn't mesh well.
  11. Fanta

Fanta New Member

I do not really like the arena
    There are battles which she can be problematic
    Sometimes you should use the EX
  12. Dehram

Dehram Member

This thread has strayed so far from Plasma. If you dont run Plasma energy then you arent playing Plasma fully. I truly think this style of deck will shine. Plasma is fast. It will be even faster when you can help to save your Special energies and use max potion. This deck probably will be my focus moving forward. I think it will need a mix of Frozen City and Fairy Garden, though I dont think Garden necessary. It will depend on how tight my deck will be as I havent built it.

Pokemon: 13
    3 Kyurem PLF
    2 Thundurus EX
    3 Deoxys EX
    2 Aromatisse XY
    2 Spritzee XY
    1 Plasma tech

Supporter: 12
    4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    2 Shauna
    2 Skyla
    1 Colress

Trainers 23
    3 Max Potion
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Silver Bangle
    2 Plasma Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    2 Switch
    3 Colress Machine
    2 Tool Scrapper
    3 Frozen City
    1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 12
    4 Water
    4 Prism
    4 Plasma

This is just a basic list that I reworked from yours , @tynamo2014 . I havent tested anything, but this to me is where I will start anyways.
  13. Dark_Espeon

Dark_Espeon Darkness Trainer

Unless the Water is switched out for Rainbow Aromatisse is more than useless in this deck since all it can move around is a maximum of four energies. There aare also no switch cards or switch effects with free retreat to make Kyurem a little more usefull. At the moment the deck is less consistent then a standard plasma deck and much less flexible then a standard Aromatisse deck.
  14. Dehram

Dehram Member

Yes. Fair. I just wrote that down in like five minutes in reply trying to get back to plasma here. There are switch cards though, and I made sure to include 2 in my start here. They can be escape ropes too.
    Maybe for the energis something like:
    3 Water
    3 Prism
    3 Rainbow
    4 Plasma
    13 Total

And to make room I would -2 Plasma Balls, and +1 Ultra Ball? Or vice versa like -2 Ultra Ball, +1 Plasma Ball
  15. Dark_Espeon

Did not notice the two switches but two do not seem to be enough for a deck centered an Plasma Kyurem. You can get away with two switch cards if you run Fairy Garden as a stadium. To benefit from Aromatisse you would also need to max out on Prism and Rainbow Energy.

Imo there are two selling points for Aromatisse:

1) Conserve energies through healing
    2) Switch between attackers on the fly to ohko through weakness

Plasma focused on Kyurem does not seem to benefit from either selling point. HP 130 is not enough to evade ohkos and you only run three types in this deck with one of them hitting for a more common weakness. Plasma Kyurem is still good but he does not seem to benefit from Aromatisse at all. Let me know what you think about this concern.
  16. Dehram

Dehram Member

Would this work better with Lugia/Snorlax setup? The energy requirements are all colorless for those attackers. Perhaps making it Lugia/Snorlax/Deoxys/Xerneas/Aromatisse? Could just give up the Xerneas prize to geomancy as much as possible. That gives it possibly 4 fairy energies, 2 hand attachments (excluding the one for Xerneas and including the turn revenge attacking), and any colress machines. However with maxed Prism/Rainbow/Plasma energies the deck could include the all star basics (Kyurem, Absol, Snorlax, Thundurus, Lugia, and Deoxys). It would be a heavy pokemon line indeed...
  17. Dark_Espeon

Like both ideas. Did not have that much success with Fairies Overflow thus far but that could be attributable to the build. The second route mentioned turns the deck into a Multi-Corner Toolbox that hits for weakness. The latter could be a little easier to build.
  18. Dehram

Dehram Member

Was your Fairy Overflow just a quick one like my original? Id love to take a peak because I love how Lugia plays right now.

Also I left out a bunch of the plasma basics, like Genesect, the legendary birds, Palkia, and Dialga... am I missing any that might be of some use? I know the birds and Dialga are probably the worst ones, but any strategy could be a good starting point for this deck. I think the only energy transfer Plasma has really had is Porygon Z.
  19. Dark_Espeon

Hi Dehram,

It was an idea that did not work out for me. Do not have the entire list as it was because I dismantled it irl and online rather fast. Here is what I remember from it.

Pokémon (13):

2 Aromatisse
    3 Deoxy Ex
    3 Lugia Ex
    3 Xerneas
    2 Spritzee

Trainer (33):

4 Professor Sycamore
    1 Shadow Triad
    3 Shauna
    2 Colress
    3 N
    1 Dowsing Maschine
    4 Colress Maschine
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Max Potion
    2 Super Rod
    2 Level Ball
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Fairy Garden

Energy (14):

4 Plasma Energy
    4 Prism Energy
    6 Fairy Energy

The idea was to use Xerneas and Colress Maschine to accelerate to Lugia Ex and use Aromatisse to transfer and heal in case Lugia has not been knocked out. Prism Energy is used to allow Deoxy to attack and to have a decent Yveltal counter. For me the built did not work as well as a standard Yeti deck because stable first turn Thunderus is a decent attacker that comsumes even less resources.
  20. Dehram

Dehram Member

I can see it. Why didnt it work? Geomancy not dealing damage?