Tier 2 Plasma, Aromatisse XY

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by tynamo2014, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Dark_Espeon

Dark_Espeon Darkness Trainer

Being slower than standard Plasma and Dark Rush.
    ZaPpy314 likes this.
  2. Dehram

Dehram Member

Because of setting up aromatisse? I thought Geomancy T1 would set Lugia up perfectly for a T2 Plasma Gale?
  3. tynamo2014

tynamo2014 I BEACH!!!!!!!!

lugia does not work with basic energies i have tested with all sorts of stuff and DCE and plasma is always faster.
  4. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Played against a guy that used Thundurus and Genesect as the only Team Plasma Pokemon that I got to see in our BO3. I honestly had no chance of winning the series if he had drawn Supporters in game three. It was literally all draw pass for him in 5 turns while I got to play 5 Junipers (Dowsing Machine, I'm not a cheater). In game 1 and 2, however, he really just destroyed me, and I believe I only won game 2 because he used G-Booster on my active instead of a Muscle Banded Land Crush for the KO (On a Darkrai EX).

Point is, this deck is fantastic. It can be ran as either a machine that can pump out G-Boosters nearly every turn or switch up the strategy and go for one of the many techs you can fit in this deck. I actually rate it at tier 1 in my personal list, whether you are using Plasma or not.
  5. Dehram

Dehram Member

If you use Geomancy T1, you can T2 Plasma Gale. Because T1 or T2 you should still be able to find a Lugia, and Aromatisse, and Colress Machine. Geomancy IMO is equivalent to a DCE. However Lugia needs wayyy more support than energies. Because if Xerneas stays alive and you run Deoxys, your damage is capped at 170 with a muscle band. Those condition may not be T2, granted. Lugia/Aromatisse needs attack support from other Pokemon IMO. Aromatisse+fairy energy-DCE = keep all your energy when you max potion Lugia or any attacker.

*edit: I misread. Faster, perhaps, but I still think the above stands.
  6. Zer0templar

Zer0templar New Member

Let's revamp this post thread with a new decklist! Pink yeti??? (Armotisse/Lugia/Snorlax)
    Pokemon 13
    3 Deoxys EX
    2 Thunderus EX
    2 Lugia EX
    2 Snorlax/Yvetal EX
    2-2 Armotisse
    T/S/S 30
    4 N
    4 Juniper
    2 Colress
    2 Shadow Triad
    3 Colress machine
    3 muscle band
    2 tool scrapper
    2 Fairy garden/switch/ 1 darkrai + 1 free space
    2 Team plasma ball
    3 Ultra ball
    2 Max potion
    1 Computer search/Dowsing machine/Scramble switch
    Energy 16
    4 Plasma
    4 DCE
    4 Prism
    4 Fairy/Rainbow

1 Open space

Techs

Darkrai
    baby xerneas
    1 more deoxys
    genesect (playing plasma energies so free catcher basically)
    skyla
    Kyurem
  7. Tax_collecter

Tax_collecter Active Member

I have been seeing amazing results with this list, and have a 16-2 record on PTCGO
    2-2 Aromatissie
    2 Thundurus EX
    2 Genesect EX
    2 Landorus EX
    2 Yveltal EX
    1 Rayquaza DRX (Eh)
    1 Darkrai EX
    1 Virizion EX
    1 Jirachi EX
    1 Sigilyph
    1 Suicune

4 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Colress
    3 Skyla
    1 Shadow Triad

4 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Max Potion
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 G-Booster
    2 Fairy Garden

4 Prisim
    4 Rainbow
    4 Plasma
  8. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

I run almost an exact list, just a few changes(I run Palkia EX and 2 DCE, it's helpful). Works great online, but my meta hates it lol. VirGen/Balloons is a nightmare.
  9. Tax_collecter

Yeah, It's bad but workable, I have no VirGen in my Meta, if i did, I would drop the Baby Ray for a Entei EX.
  10. TheMantyke

TheMantyke CharXzone EX

Echoing this. I've fought this deck numerous times on ptcgo and at Georgia states and, once they get 3+ energy on the field, it becomes a nightmare to face. I have been consistently underwhelmed going against straight fairy decks with Xerneus(-EX) but Plasma fairies with Genesect, Thundurus, Landorus, and Yveltal to move energy for giant KOs out of nowhere is really strong. The only real pains I've seen the deck have is preserving bench space since it feels like it's absolutely precious when you need all sorts of stuff on the field at once and going up against a flurry of enhanced hammers.
  11. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

I like this list that I have right now, but I run into alot of energy halts (calling that because it is not an energy drought)

18 Pokemon
    2-2 Aromatisse XY
    3 Thundurus EX
    2 Genesect EX
    2 Deoxys EX
    2 Yveltal EX
    1 Palkia EX
    1 Suicune PLB
    1 Landorus EX
    1 Virizion EX
    1 Heatran EX

3 Stadiums
    3 Fairy Garden

13 Supporters
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    3 Colress
    1 Shadow Triad

13 Items
    A Dowsing Machine
    3 Muscle Band
    4 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    2 Tool Scrapper
    2 Max Potion

11 Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy
    4 Prism Energy
    3 Plasma Energy
  12. Tax_collecter

Hmm, interesting list, but why Deoxys?
  13. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Bumps up the damage a bit more, and a decent psychic attacker I would think. Two Deoxys plus a Palkia with Muscle Band OHKOs Black Kyurem EX and Raquaza EX.
  14. MetalArmedAngel

Heatran+Muscle Band+ 1 Deoxys= Screw you Virgen
    Palkia+Muscle Band+ 2 Deoxys= Screw you BKEX/Ray EX
  15. Tax_collecter

I guess that's true, but bench space is so tight in this deck, and you could just play baby ray or Entei EX for counters.
  16. MetalArmedAngel

I don't like fragile attackers in Aromatisse, but I have been thinking about it.
    If I don't like Deoxys (which I don't atm, but more testing) I'm taking both Heatran and Palkia out for Baby Ray and Entei EX. Probably the extra space will go to 1 Shauna and a Plasma Energy
  17. Tax_collecter

So you cut Deoxys? Also, resoning behind no G-Booster, it discards Plasma energy that would otherwise be, un-usable.
  18. MetalArmedAngel

G booster is still something I'm Iffy on? I love the fact that this deck has an ohko method outside of yveltal, but discarding energy can be quite painful.
    I'll try it out this week.
    And yes I did take out deoxys
  19. Tax_collecter

Yeah, I've been loving my G-Booster for late game, when you've accumulated upwards of 3 Plasma energy on Genesect. Just being able to discard them and get 200 is awesome.
  20. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

If you can pump out enough energy early on with Thundurus than discarding 2 for 2 Prizes isn't that bad at all. Then you can A) move Energy up to Genesect EX and do it again or B) attack with something else because you can move Energy so pick whatever.
    MetalArmedAngel likes this.