Tier 2 Plasma, Aromatisse XY

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by tynamo2014, Feb 23, 2014.

1. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Im a fan of a varient of this deck with my own twist but how does one deal with VirGen/Balloons? I just get wrecked.
  2. Tax_collecter

Tax_collecter Active Member

You kind of don't.... Entei helps alot, but not enough for the balloons
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    onlyinAMERICA likes this.
  3. Hurrmaadurr

Hurrmaadurr Is blasting off again

So I'm trying this deck out I want to make some changes when I can, but I think it works well
    Pokemon
    2 thundurus ex
    2 genesect ex
    2 yveltal ex
    2 deoxys ex
    2 kyurem plf
    1 mewtwo ex(may switch to sableye)
    1 rayquaza ltr
    1 heatran ex
    1 keldeo ex
    2 spritzee xy
    2 aromatisse

T/s/s
    3 juniper
    3 n
    2 skyla
    2 shadow triad
    1 colress

3 ultra ball
    1 level ball
    3 max potion
    2 tool scrapper
    1 switch
    1 super rod
    3 muscle band
    3 fairy garden
    1 dowsing machine (I would prefer g booster)

Energy
    1 lightning (lots of enhanced hammers at league)
    4 rainbow
    4 prism
    4 plasma

I'm pretty happy with it, I would like a cobalion ltr but I have no clue what to cut. As for 11 supporters, I think it works. Any input would rock
  4. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

You mentioned you would prefer it, and if you have access to one I'd run G-Booster over Dowsing Machine. If you're sticking with dowsing machine, I'd cut the two shadow triads for 2 more Colress or possibly even two Shauna.
  5. Hurrmaadurr

I plan on takin this or garb to regionals next week, and I just made it yesterday, I wish I had time to get a g booster, but I might just have to trade for it
    Gelato likes this.
  6. Tax_collecter

So I made this new list that I've been testing great with, so good I'm thinking of taking it to regionals this up comming week

3 Spritzee
    2 Aromatissie
    2 Thundurus EX
    2 Genesect EX
    2 Landorus EX
    2 Yveltal EX
    1 Virizion EX
    1 Palkia EX
    1 Sigilyph
    1 Suicune

4 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Colress
    3 Skyla
    1 Shadow Triad

4 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    1 G Booster
    3 Fairy Garden

4 Rainbow Energy
    4 Prisim Energy
    4 Plasma Energy
  7. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Rayquaza LTR is probably better than Palkia EX imo, but since you run both Sigilyph and Suicune I think Palkia is a good choice. If you drop the Palkia/Sigilyph/Suicune for Rayquaza LTR, however, you can free up spots for more stuff like an extra Shadow Triad, Max Potion, Darkrai EX, etc. Palkia does give you another Raiden Knuckle option though, so it may be good to have in some cases.
  8. Tax_collecter

I really do like my Strafe part of the deck, but I do like OHKO's on dragons, I feel as though playing bot Baby Ray and Palkia would be too much.
  9. Professor_N

Yeah, both is better than just one or the other. Especially with Suicune/Sigi in the deck, Palkia can do work even outside of hitting dragons for 100-140.
  10. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

Using both is unnecessary.

Rayquaza DRV is the better choice here because it OHKO's any opposing Dragon for 3 energy without question whereas Palkia EX uses that same 3 energy to hit between 100-180 depending on your board state at the time.

Tool box decks, such as Aromatisse, cannot afford to preform "almost" KO's because that's gives your opponent one or more turn with whatever pokemon you "almost" Knocked Out and it often comes back to haunt you later in the game.

For both RayBoar and Blastiose, Suicune and Sigilyph are nuisances easily dealt with via Blastiose or Delphox, and once you lose that Suicune or Sigilyph, you lose your ability to wall/stall with Palkia's Strafe.

Sure your opponent can just OHKO Rayquaza with either a BKEX's Slash or a Ray EX's one Lightning-one Fire Dragon Burst, but at least you'll have 2 less prizes to take going into your next turn which is more advantageous than letting that Ray or BKEX stick around, even if they weren't doing anything in the first place.
  11. Professor_N

I know that baby Ray is better in this deck for dealing with Dragons. I'm saying that Palkia EX is a good card to have if you are also running Suicune or Sigilyph, which you probably should be if you are playing a toolbox deck. If your opponent doesn't have any non-EX able to attack, they could very easily be stalled out for 1-2 turns making it easy for you to pick up a couple of prizes.
  12. JR_nathan

13. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Just a quick question, why Ray drv instead of giratina EX? Same attack, same cost (w/special energy) and more HP
  14. Professor_N

Baby Ray is a non-EX, which is pretty nice to have as it only gives up two prizes. Giratina wouldn't be bad at all though, and it could be better, would require testing.
  15. JR_nathan

I think you meant to say "gives up only one prize".

Giratina EX shouldn't be that much better though, since it does baby Ray's attack but cost one more prize card when KO'd which isn't a good trade off in the RayBoar/Blastiose matchup.
  16. Professor_N

Yeah I did mean only gives up one prize. In the Blastoise/RayBoar match up all your stuff is getting OHKO'd anyways so Giratina EX shouldn't be better, I agree. Only thing it has over Rayquaza is the fact that it can't easily be KO'd by Keldeo and Delphox (if they are brave enough to attack with Delphox against a toolbox).
  17. Hurrmaadurr

The thing I love with this deck, is that a lot of ex's that would never be used are suddenly becoming playable. Entei ex, giratina ex, I've even seen groudon ex. It really can make this deck unpredictable