Ended Plasma Storm PTCGO Draft

Discussion in 'Forum Games & Online Tournaments' started by Zarco, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Hey, I was just wondering if you guys wanted to do a friendly "prerelease" for the new set when it comes out, using PTCGO. Something like 10 packs (and basic energies of course) and either we do rounds or just a bracket tourney. Looking forward to it since limited is fun, and this new set should be particularly good (lots of trainers, interesting evo lines for draft, and a wide variety of EXs).
    Let me know what you think about the idea, and the specifics (tourney style, pack #, etc)

Playing:
    1. Me
    2. Ziggmiceter
    3. Infinityminusone
    4. Kirbyswag
    5. Soldierspirit
    6. thematteo0
    7. Vablakes
    8. prophet714
    9. Camoclone
    10. Gelatin
    11. Solo59486
    12. 765Bro (?)
    13. MarioPokemon123456
    14. Awiendale
    15. Sibon
  2. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

It should probably be 6-8 packs since that's what you get for PRs, but I would definitely like to play that.
  3. Zarco

Oh, not familiar with the official draft structure (Some of my favorite youtubers did a friendly draft tourney on PTCGO back for NXD, and I think they used 10 packs, that's where I got the idea from). Awesome! Aaaaaanyone else interested? :p
  4. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

idk how this works on PTCGO, but I'm in! :D
  5. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

When my half a box comes in I'll play.
  6. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Yea what infinity said...I'm interested.
  7. Zarco

I mean, you can just mark your first 10 packs for review (10 is good, since you have to build 60 cards, not just 40) and then write them down or build the deck before you open more. I don't really see any difficulties with that. How should we do the tourney?
  8. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

I am interested in this booster draft and would like to join.

[I wish I can just do "Sign me up"...]
  9. I would be interested!
  10. prophet714

prophet714 New Member

I'm interested and I know a buddy of mine would be too
  11. camoclone

camoclone Tomorrow we strike...

I'm in. Just give me a week to get the codes.
  12. MarioPokemon123456

MarioPokemon123456 New Member

I'm interested. I'll see if my mum will let me get some packs, and then I'll join.
  13. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

This seems more like Sealed Play than the Booster Drafts I'm used to. I thought Booster Drafts are when you open packs, take one card from them and pass them down until you're out of cards from those packs. When that round of drafting concludes, you open new booster packs and repeat until you have a sizable card pool. At least that's what I know from MtG Drafts.
    KPiplup likes this.
  14. Zarco

Yeah, that's really what I meant, it's sealed. Basically a virtual pre-release/limited tourney.
  15. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

So are we given a virtual box to pull virtual packs from? It sounds like something I might want to try but I'd like to know how this works first.
  16. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

You can't do that, but you enter 6-10 codes (whichever Zarco decides to choose) and buy that amount of packs and make a deck based on the contents of the packs. It's just a fun tournament.
  17. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

Has to be at least 10 Packs as its a full 60 card deck.
  18. I agree with 10 packs.
  19. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

10 for the win. Maybe even 8
  20. camoclone

camoclone Tomorrow we strike...

It would be very hard to make a 60 card deck. 10 is a good number.