Ended Plasma Storm PTCGO Draft

Discussion in 'Forum Games & Online Tournaments' started by Zarco, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Oh my bad. I was thinking 40:p
  2. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

Oh woops. Misread TCGO as PlayTCG. Well, sign me up anyway. I'll try to see if I can nab any extra codes from my PRs tomorrow :p
  3. solo59486

solo59486 Hydreigon. Moving your energy around since 2012

I would like to join this, sounds fun!
  4. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

I might join, but you'll probably have to wait until the 7th before I decide whether I'm buying a case or not. I'll have plenty of code cards to spare then.

If I don't get the case, I'll probably still pick up 10 packs...
    I guess what I'm saying is, I'll sign up, but I can't be certain until the 7th.
  5. MarioPokemon123456

MarioPokemon123456 New Member

I'd say 9. 2/3 of 60 is 40, and 2/3 of 9 is 6, so I'd say 9 because of the fractions.

So yeah, sign me up.
  6. MarioPokemon123456

MarioPokemon123456 New Member

For tourney style...... Single elimination seems appropriate, though I'd like Swiss rounds also.
    Zarco likes this.
  7. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

I think 10's just an easier number. And also I have no idea how this should be organized. What do you guys think?
  8. Swiss, then maybe Top Cut? Also, I think 10 packs is good.
  9. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

That sounds terrible. No one wants to play a cut in a sealed format.
    I say 3 or 4 rounds Swiss then it's over.
  10. Monferno

Monferno Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun

Are you kidding? Sealed format is awful, most people don't even want to play the swiss rounds let alone a top cut. Either you play 1 EX / Heatmor and 39 energy or you play Combee because you don't care. It's too easy to cheat at a prerelease as well.
  11. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Well, there's no prize to winning and the fun is in playing sealed (at least for a little bit), so there's no reason to cheat. I'm trusting people to not be douchebags about that. I don't think cut would be good, but would swiss or elimination be better?
    Vablakes likes this.
  12. Definitly Swiss. People being eliminated because they pulled badly =/= good.

But the people that have joined do want to play the swiss rounds. And Plasma Storm isn't a set that you play Heatmor or an EX or lose. Yesterday, at my PR, I beat a deck that was using 2 EXs while I played no EXs. I also made it so that every game I played against EXs were down to the wire. There are other powerful options like Snorlax, Galvantula and Sharpedo in this set that can hold their own against EXs.
  13. Matt91_

Matt91_ fire trainers lel

Sorry sir, but I beg to digress. Not sure about you, but I find watching a Top Cut as skillful as in a PR draft as interesting as watching a turtle poop. I'm sure a lot of people agree and I'll even skip the italics.

And Heatmor is still broken.
    Monferno likes this.
  14. What?
  15. Matt91_

Matt91_ fire trainers lel

There, fixed the post.
  16. Ok, I see. I personally find it interesting to see what combos and stratagies people come up with from the random pulls. Prereleases and sealed formats in general are my favorites to play in (although I play more competitive, and don't get me wrong, competitive play is still th most important to me). I also like how any player with any skill level can win, regardless of the cards they have before they enter the prerelease. The randomness makes it so that anyone can win, and I love that. I also like how the randomnessmakes you think about what you are going to play, unless you like to be boring and play 1 EX and 39 energy.
  17. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Drafting used to be fun. Then Black and White came out.

Apparently drafting Base Set is really fun.

Also, the 2001 (Or whichever one Jason Klaczynski won) Tropical Mega Battle was a sealed tournament. They used to have some skill.
  18. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Drafting Base Set would probably be fun if it didn't cost thousands of dollars for a box.
  19. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Apparently some people tried to set up a Base Set draft at Nats. Entry was $500, but they didn't get quite enough people for it.
  20. sibon

sibon official pajama cardinal

You'd be surprised, it's a lot more interesting than you would think.