Tier 3 PlasmaKlang - Klinklang PLS, Cobalion-EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

That and KK BW is no longer legal which kills the deck, that and most decks are now running some form of non EX attacker that can get rid of the KK long enough to finish.
  2. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

And if they aren't, they're running Garbodor.
  3. RJCarrot

This is also true
  4. LarryAlberto

LarryAlberto Hoping for a BCR-on rotation!

What if you run a 2-2 Probopass DRX? You can use Magnetic Lines along with Cobalion EX's Steel Bullet to do a energy denial type of thing. And you can add some DCE's to power up probopass faster. DCE also lets you use Registeel EX, and maybe Mewtwo EX(I think the fact that it's rarely played makes it stronger, though it isn't a metal type)
  5. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Mewtwo, the fact that it isn't played as much is the fact of the deoxys and balloons matchup (discard the special energy + weakness dmg and uses the bangle for enough for the ohko), where deoxys does more dmg for less energy mewtwo does not, the fact that it is not played does not make it stronger because this is why it is not played.

I don't see how running a pokemon that moves energy with an attack and have another pokemon that discards special energy makes sense, maybe if it was pinsir/cobalion and they just discard every kind of energy in it's path I can see that, but moving energy around in a format where a lot of the current played decks are used to having energy on all of they're pokemon to attack just seems like you setting up and other attacker to take you down with (and then they would just tech a max potion to counter the strategy).

I'm going to hold off my actual comments for this deck until the X and Y set is either released or revealed (I'm really hoping for something to make this deck go boom).
  6. LarryAlberto

Cobalion with Energy Press and Iron Breaker is getting reprinted in Legendary Treasures, and it seems like it would fit well in this deck.
  7. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

I have been thinking (and this is kind of wild), to do Probopass with Energy Press Cobalion and PlasmaKlang. The idea is to move their Energy to EX's so they can't attack you, and then hit with Energy Press to take advantage of it.
  8. LarryAlberto

Energy Switch just got reprinted, which will hurt the deck, but it seems like something that might win a good number of games if it sets up. Also, this may seem like a dumb question, but are Cobalion EX and Cobalion from Legendary Treasures considered the same Pokémon? For example, can I have 4 Cobalion EX and 1 non-EX Cobalion in the same deck?
  9. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

I am pretty sure you can have both. Yes, Energy Switch will hurt it, but that is mostly just in Darkrai. I know Johnny Rabus ran a Probopass/Mewtwo/Garbodor deck for a BR (he wrote an article on here about it) and it seemed to do fine; I wonder if Klinklang is the best home for it.
  10. Covabro

Covabro New Member

I don't agree. I think that it has a good enough match up against everything that's popular right now. Even Garbador matches aren't bad and are certainly winnable. It just requires the right list.
  11. RJCarrot

I would combat this statement but I just watched at Ft Wayne Regionals a KK deck top the first day of Swiss. It may be a good meta call out of the blue but it will not last, people will start running non ex attackers again to take care of the problem. People have just gotten lax with it because it hasn't been a thing for a bit.
  12. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

I have to agree with Rj, it used to be REALLY good when you had shift gear klinklang, and energy press cobalion with max potions, but now I don't think the deck has much life left in it.
  13. Covabro

Covabro New Member

Long Live the Klink lol. I agree once people tech for it it wont be near as good as it was this past weekend. By no means am I implying that it is anything more than a rogue deck. But given the right circumstances, I don't think its dead.
  14. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

I was digging around in my tins, sorting out the reprints and rotated cards, and found two PlasmaKlang, two Cobalion NVI, and two Covalion EX. Should I build the deck? And also, energy switch is a nice substitute for Shift Gear.
  15. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

No it isn't. You're comparing being able to move Energy at will every turn in order to Max Potion without penalty with having a max of 4 chances to move a single Basic Energy. There is also the deck space issue (1 KK vs 4 E Switch).

Just because one card has a vaguely similar effect to another, doesn't mean it should be used as a replacement. The deck will run better without it.
  16. public_toilet

public_toilet Seriously Likeable here guys, Just sayin.

@baby_mario I'm not sure what you're getting at with...
    Yeah the Klingklang is 1 card but what about the cards needed to set it up (i.e. the Klinks and the Rare Candies)?
  17. Googleplex

Googleplex Rule #3: Wear your heart on your cheek

You're already running the Klinks and Candies if you're using PlasmaKlang. You'd be using 4 Klink and 4 Rare Candy before adding the other Klinklang anyway.
  18. public_toilet

public_toilet Seriously Likeable here guys, Just sayin.

Derp. sorry, my mistake.
  19. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

So what do people think of this deck with the new rule changes and Catcher errata?
  20. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

More decks running non EX Pokemon (Empoleon, Tool Drop, Eevee stuff, even Garchomp), plus Genesect having G Booster.

Fewer decks dependent on Special Energy.

Loss of Shift Gear KK.

Not a good time for this deck. Even with the new rules.