Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by cabd, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

By come and passed you mean it was supposed to be released at 4:00 and it's 4:03. Stop complaining.
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

And how long does it stay up once it gets flooded with traffic?
    Ziggmiceter likes this.
  3. Nintendan

Nintendan Scrub

Give it 5-10 minutes.
    Updates have also lagged/delayed for a few minutes for the TCGO so just give it some time :D
  4. Monferno

Monferno Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun

Gradientraptor likes this.
  5. Gradientraptor

Gradientraptor Excadrill Enthusiast

That's awesome, I hate having to use bootcamp, plus my internal mic makes a terrible noise when on my windows partition. I hope it works with the update.
  6. Ziggmiceter

I hope TCGO goes up at 5:00, which was the original listed time. I feel like the time was yet another miscommunication.
  7. Monferno

Yeah. I didn't want to have to resort to bootcamp. I tried this with WINE too, but it didn't work. If this doesn't work I'll be pretty mad.
  8. Monferno

I think it's more them not being able to release anything on time.
  9. Ziggmiceter

The site just relaunched, I assume you will be able to update soon.
  10. Ziggmiceter

Ok, just tried to go to the redeem page, this is what I got as a Google Chrome error:
    The webpage at http://www.pokemontcg.com/ is currently unavailable. It may be overloaded or down for maintenance.
    That's a bad sign for the future (aka today)
  11. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Wasn't complaining, merely observing. Don't jump to conclusions Mr Righteous.
  12. Monferno

They've updated part of the homepage, tried signing in with the application and it's not working - they're making /some/ progress, though
  13. Ziggmiceter

Yeah, the servers on the client are either a) crashing or b) not up.
  14. Matt91_

Matt91_ fire trainers lel

Just read a comic today where a mother says she will back home at 6pm. Child awaits anxiously:
    5:59 - mom's almost back!
    6:00 - mom isn't here yet...
    6:03 - did something happen with mom?
    6:06 - maybe mom got lost...
    6:10 - I wonder if mom has been kidnapped D:
    6:15 - mom is dead? ;-;
  15. Gradientraptor

The Mac client works, but still gotta see if it'll update properly. and the site is getting better, I was able to redeem a pack just now.
  16. Ziggmiceter

:O I got a 500 server error
  17. Gradientraptor

Yeah i was able to redeem 2 packs then got another 500 error lol
  18. solo59486

solo59486 Hydreigon. Moving your energy around since 2012

Here is what I found from the TCGO website

NEWS

Head-to-Head Play Now Available in Pokémon TCG Online

Posted: August 20, 2012 by JAQQ
    The release of the TCGO game heralds a significant step forward for the Pokémon TCG Online. This version of the game client reintroduces the core components of multiplayer, as well as providing players with access to the Black & White–Dark Explorers and Black & White–Dragons Exalted expansions.
    What features have been added?
    The TCGO game adds the Versus Mode, Deck Manager, Collection, Avatar Builder, and Friend List components to the game, along with more than 230 cards now also available in two new expansions!
    Versus Mode - This game mode contains Practice Battle, Player vs. Player, and Friend Battle.
    • Practice Battle gives players the opportunity to battle against computer-controlled opponents of varying difficulty levels. Unlike the Trainer Challenge, players can use custom-built decks for these matches!
    • Player vs. Player randomly pairs the player up against a human opponent from anywhere in the world! Unranked matches are available now, and ranked matches will be available in later game updates.
    • Friend Battle allows players to challenge people on their Friend List to a match. All Friend Battle matches are unranked, making it a great way for friends to playtest decks before unleashing them on the public!

Deck Manager - This game mode makes it easy to review your unlocked theme decks and build custom decks from the cards in your collection. You can select a deck box and coin to use with each deck.
    Collection - This game mode shows a player all of the cards, packs, and avatar items that they unlock. Additionally, players can view the cards, packs, and avatar items they mark for trade or review.
    Avatar Builder - This game mode helps you build a custom avatar, changing their face in the game. The overhauled interface makes it easier to find your favorite items and build the coolest avatar possible!
    Friend List - This game mode allows you to tag other players as friends, making it easier to challenge them to battles or create trades.
    New Expansions - Two additional card expansions are now available, Black & White-Dark Explorers and Black & White-Dragons Exalted. These new cards expand your deck-building possibilities.
    What features will be available in the short term?
    In addition to further polishing the existing game components, future releases should add Trading, Tournaments, Gems, Avatar Builder, and Play Style to the game client. Additionally, the TCGO team is planning to release a Mac-compatible game client before the end of 2012.
    What features will be available in the long term?
    We have some very exciting plans for the Pokémon TCG Online. We are committed to providing a world-class game experience for our fans and will continue adding new functionality for both the single-player Trainer Challenge and multiplayer to broaden and deepen the player experience.
    How do I download the new version?
    If you have already downloaded and installed the Pokémon TCG Online game already, the game will automatically update to include the features mentioned above the next time you login. If you have not yet downloaded the game, click here. Click the Download button and follow the instructions (more information can be found on the FAQ here).
    Matt91_ likes this.
  19. Gradientraptor

yay now we get to wait another 2 and a half hours.
  20. Ziggmiceter

Can't say I didn't expect it to go back down. Got 1 code redeemed at least.