Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by cabd, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Nikrandonia

Nikrandonia Member

Maintenance until 8pm PST or 3am GMT
  2. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Should be back in 5 minutes now. Can't wait :D
  3. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Joai and Ziggmiceter like this.
  4. Ziggmiceter

Where did you see that?
  5. cabd

Pokegym. He posted there. Those are direct quotes of his two posts.
  6. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

OK. Hope the maintenance ends soon.
  7. cabd

From what I understand, they're having to manually move over some collections due to a bug. So would you rather wait an hour, or be missing half your cards an hour early? Me thinks i'll wait patiently.
  8. coolestman22

I didn't play before, so I'd rather personally have my cards. But I'm fine waiting if other people would get their virtual stuff.
  9. Ziggmiceter

Same. I was kind of wondering how collections would convert. I kind of want them to just move all of the BW-on stuff then do the HS-on later, but people (including me, I have the full Triumphant set besides Alph TM on there) would get pretty mad without notification.
  10. coolestman22

I think they're just going to wave their virtual magic wand and make the HS-CL stuff disappear though.
  11. Ziggmiceter

No, they said you could use your HS cards in an alternate lobby in the future. I don't know if they're going to allow use of them in the release now, though (hopefully not)
  12. cabd

They're moving all of it. The collections themselves are probably stores in arrays.

(getting a bit computer geeky here, feel free to skip if you don't understand)

Since they're adding two sets, they're just adding more entries to it. I'm not sure if they're using linked lists or a 2D array, but either way; the new program uses a different input format. Therefore they probably had to code up a converter between the two array types. While this is normally no issue, with an array of this sort, even one mistake can scramble one's entire collection. Therefore, my best guess is that they are manually verifying randomly selected collections as they go, to make sure nothing is wrong in converter-land. This takes man time and hours. Lots of hours.

Having been in a somewhat similar situation before, I have nothing but patience for them. It'll happen when it happens.
    Ziggmiceter likes this.
  13. Ziggmiceter

I understood that whole thing. Even as a semi-programmer, I'm a little impressed.
  14. coolestman22

I'd be fine with all of this if I could just enter my 153 codes. Would there be a problem with me doing that with whatever you said going on?
  15. cabd

They're coding up a new entry method for codes, too. Right now it has to refresh the page once per code. That'd make those 153 codes take over an hour to enter. Once the webcam scanner method is back up and the multi-entry method is back up, they'll be much quicker.
  16. coolestman22

Yep, but I don't have a webcam.
  17. Ziggmiceter

I bought codes to be sent via email, so that won't help :(
  18. cabd

Yes it will. Copy-pasting them and then redeeming ten or so at once is MUCH quicker than entering them all one by one; even with copy and paste; it does away with a lot of refreshing of the page.
  19. Ziggmiceter

You can redeem multiple at a time now? :O Yay!
    EDIT: Just fully read the post you made, I tend not to fully read things and assume how they end.
  20. cabd

From here: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167836

Patience is a virtue, fellow players.