PTCGO bugs

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by ShavlikLeague, Aug 28, 2013.

1. ShavlikLeague

ShavlikLeague New Member

Hi all,

Apologies if this is not the correct sub-forum to post this question, but I searched for a while and browsed around and I couldn't find anything that looked like my issue, so I thought I would post it here.

Has anyone noticed a problem with Mew EX's Versatile ability in PTCGO? I've tried it for many days now and it will not let me use the Versatile ability. It did let me use it a couple times sporadicly, but I couldn't figure out a pattern as to why it worked a couple times and does not work the majority of the time.

I was in a game tonight where I had a couple Accelgors on the bench and a Mew EX active with a DCE attached and it wouldn't let me do Deck and Cover...I would click on the card, click Versatile and it would do nothing. Any suggestions? Really frustrating, as I had just battled back from being down and had the game setup for taking four straight prizes to win and it wouldn't execute on Versatile.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

3. ShavlikLeague

ShavlikLeague New Member

4. Hunter2hitman

Hunter2hitman Member of Team Storm

Was your opponent playing Garbodor?! Might seem like a silly question, but ive seen people get confused by this...
  5. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

He has done multiple games.
  6. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

Maybe he played Garbodor many times. Garbodor is sneaky like that.... very very sneaky.
  7. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

I have been having the same problem for a week or 2 now. No garbodors involved. have clicked on the actual card AND the silver buttons on the side. I have even put in a tech prob request with ptcgo. guess we will have to wait til they patch it, whenever that happens:rolleyes:
  8. ShavlikLeague

ShavlikLeague New Member

No, it was against a Blastoise deck. Having one last hurrah with a Gothitelle deck before she turns into a pumpkin at midnight. Opponent's Mewtwo active with some damage, a couple Squirtles and Suicine on the bench. I had used Dusknoir Sinister Hand to move the right amount of damage off of Mewtwo onto the Suicine for the perfect D&C knockout due to poison as it swung back to my turn. Prior to that, I played Tool Scrapper just to get it out of my hand, advance of N to get some DCE's. And then nothing when I try to execute on Versatile. The number of outstanding bugs listed over on that Pokegym thread is frikkin' ridiculous. Whoever is the product manager of that software dev team needs to look into rapid application development...establish the right scrum master, tell people they're working late, order some pizzas and knock those bugs out. Now. Today.

So I guess for now I have some of the most expensive decoys around...
  9. RJCarrot

I don't feel for you playing Gothitelle. You are a terrible person. How does it feel to not be able to attack! FEAST ON YOUR OWN MEDICINE!
    PokemonGeek and tonenkyra like this.
  10. Papa_Mash

Papa_Mash Underground Member

i wish they would work out the tool drop bug....cant' play the deck and if you play against one you don't get real results
    desufnoc likes this.
  11. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

I've never played extensively on PTCGO, but how much testing on there is actually legitimate? Like what percentage of games do you play actual feel like "real" games?
  12. RJCarrot

Used to be about 1/2ish. Since they made coins able to buy cards and coins only available in the expert rooms... its more like 1/4 on a good day.
  13. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

I guess if playing on PTCGO is 4x as fast as playing on PlayTCG or IRL then it evens out...
  14. RJCarrot

You get better results if you build a friends list but if they ever get the tournament mode online the testing should be better.
  15. Papa_Mash

Just like playtcg.me the best testing is against friends and not against the general public. My kid and I don't mind going on PTCGO and playing against the general public when first working on a deck because we arereally just looking at how fast does the deck set up, how consistent is the deck and then tweaking it a little....kinda like goldfishing. However I do question even the goldfishing because of the shuffling algorithms. After tweaking the deck and thinking it might be legit, we then try to play friends. The big difference between PtCGO and other on line formats is that people have to make an investment in PTCGO. You have to get the codes. Even if you win the codes or get them from friends, it also takes time to convert those into the necessary cards. While playtcg.me, for example, is free and easy to set up. Bottom line for me is...I think it can be good testing but you have to have enough friends to make the testing worthwhile. You are not going to get enough quality pick up games for real testing....at least at this time.
    ShavlikLeague likes this.
  16. ShavlikLeague

ShavlikLeague New Member

Yeah, definitely good for play testing/goldfishing new deck ideas quickly. I have a question about Tool Scrapper that might be a bug, but depends on a clarification of the card text. Say my opponent has a tool attached to one of his pokemon and I have a tool attached to one of mine. Tool Scrapper's text indicates that I can choose up to two tool cards to discard, mine and/or my opponents. Can I "choose" to only discard the one tool in play on my opponent's side and keep mine attached? Technically, I've executed on the text of the card by "choosing" one. Right now, PTCGO makes you discard both tools in the above scenario. Can anyone clarify this for me?
  17. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

It is choose up to 2. So therefore, if you have one and your opponent has 1 and you choose to discard theirs only, then that is fine as per text. I have done it irl many a times. On the PTCGO, that's a whole other matter, it forces you to choose 2, whether it be 1 of your opponents or your own. I have personally had to discard my own unnecessarily due to this card, so I have been careful to play it on there. Hopefully I answered your question.
  18. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

And then there is a bug that lets you remove more than two.
  19. galldrin

galldrin Poke-dad

As far as I know, having played today on the ptcgo , tool scrapping works.fine. even if the opponent only has one tool you can choose it and discard it. The game then gives you the option to scrap one of yours, but if you just hit OK and not highlight your own tools then it leaves yours alone. Be aware that if you have tools and your opponent does not, the tool scrapper will indicste that it is ready to use, and once clicking it (if your opponent has no tools) you will have to choose one of your own because you've played a targetted card.
  20. Papa_Mash

^^^agree w/ galdrin