Rayeels with Sigilyph?

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Zarco, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Been playing Rayeels as of late and decided to go with prisms/Keldeo because it really helps out the deck in a number of ways. Having played TechEels a bit before cities, I'm familiar with Eels+Prism+Sigilyph (played one in Techeels) and I'm very much considering putting a Sigilyph in Rayeels. It just sits up there and walls until you can build up the Ray, a strategy that made fliptini and, more recently, Zebstrika good. I just wanted to know what you guys think... and would it be worth it to play Blend GRPD over the basic fire energy I currently have if I end up building it?
  2. camoclone

camoclone Tomorrow we strike...

Eels and prism doesn't work. Prism only counts as every type of energy when attached to a basic pokemon. Not to mention catcher hurts you a lot.
  3. Zarco

Eels and Prism do work, just not Dynamotoring the prisms themselves... just like you can play DCE or fire energy or even fighting or water or psychic as a second energy type.
  4. TechnoLegend

TechnoLegend Active Member

so your bench/active would look something like

eel, eel, eel, ray ex, ray ex, sig?

i dont think its really needed, just because if they want to attack a ray ex then they will just catcher it, same if they want to ko an eel, it might even get in the way on your bench, i mean all you really need is a ray active, with one on the bench sitting next to a couple of eels ready to ko anything, Rayeels is already scary enough.

if you did include sig, would it be a 1 of or 2 of? if just 1 of then maybe just 1 or 2 prism but even then you dont even NEED to be able to atttack wiith it.
  5. Zarco

probably just one, and I'd run 4 prism anyways since I run a Keldeo.
  6. TechnoLegend

TechnoLegend Active Member

Sounds good to me, anything that forces a catcher is a very good play. Could you post a sample list jsut so i can see how you set it up the energy/pokemon/items? im really thinking about going back to rayeels for a bit, its just so awesome having the ability to ko anything in my path
  7. Zarco

I'll post it later, on my phone right now
  8. Zarco

Something like:
    4-4 Eels
    3 Ray EX
    1 Baby Ray
    1 Keldeo EX
    1 Sigilyph
    1 Emolga

4 Juniper
    4 N
    4 Bianca
    2 Skyla
    1 Comp Search

4 Catcher
    3 Switch
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    1 Scrapper
    1 Super Rod

2 SAB

8 L
    4 Prism
    2 Fire/Blend GRPD (not sure)
  9. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Go with the Fires because you can Super Rod them back. Also Enhanced Hammer should see a rise in popularity.
  10. Zarco

yeah, it will.... not sure if this deck will be a good idea in the next format (though Rayquaza EX and Keldeo EX will both be big players for sure)