Regigigas Lock - Regigigas "Drag Off" Promo, Regigigas Lv.X SF, Mesprit LA

Discussion in 'UG Deck List Depository' started by Adam, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Regigigas Lock - Skeleton List (updated through Triumphant)

Pokemon - 13
    3/2 Regigigas "Drag Off" Promo
    1/2 Regigigas Lv.X SF
    3 Mesprit LA
    2 Uxie LA
    1 Uxie Lv.X LA
    1 Unown Q MD
    1 Smeargle UD
    1 Azelf LA

Trainers/Supporters - 26
    3 Pokemon Collector
    3 Twins
    3 Seeker
    3 Dual Ball
    4 Junk Arm
    3 Pokemon Communication
    2 Premier Ball
    2 Pokemon Rescue
    1 Luxury Ball
    2 Expert Belt

Energy - 13
    4 Double Colorless
    3 Fighting
    3 Metal
    3 Water

Total cards: 52

Read this article to learn about tech options for the last 8 spots.

Basic Strategy and Overview

Use a constant barrage of Mesprit LA's "Psychic Bind" to slow your opponent down, while using Regigias' "Sacrifice" to set up and deal extremely heavy damage fairly quickly. Continue to use "Sacrifice" for healing, Twins/Blackbelt abuse, and clearing space for more mesprits, while taking over the game by hitting heavy and disrupting throughout the game.

Skill Level

Intermediate-Advanced

Tournament History

City Championships 2010-2011: 5th most wins (masters)
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Tech Options

Black Belt
    Giratina "Let Loose"

Matchup Advice

Vs LuxChomp

Vs VileGar

Vs Gyarados

Vs DialgaChomp

Vs Sablelock

Vs Straight Machamp

Coming soon...
  4. Ubersarsh

Ubersarsh Member

A wierd tech i'm deciding on is sort of a sableock kind of deck that requires 1-1 Giratina X, sableye and Judge/cyrus' initiative. What i was thinking on was to having a sableye start and turning their hand to 0-2 hand per deck. This way, when i finally set up Gigas and Giratina x, i 'm able to 1 hit them while making them discard 1-2 deck per turn while disrupting them. Just an idea that was bugging me and thought it would be possible...
  5. Chemical

Chemical Front Page Contributor

Just a question, how can you have a 3/2 line of Regigigas if you can only have 4 total in your deck.
  6. Ubersarsh

Ubersarsh Member

It means you can either have 3 gigas or 2 gigas. with the lv. X, you can either have 1 gigas or 2 gigas.
  7. soggymoose

soggymoose Member

Anyone know the lux and vilegar matchup?
  8. hampuse

hampuse Member

Lux should be easy and vilegar is winnable if you get belt out :D
  9. PlusleThePimp

PlusleThePimp New Member

Gengar/VileGar is hard, but if u tech in 1 or 2 Ruin of Alph in your deck its more even. You should pretty much dominate luxchomp.
  10. Ruiner

Ruiner Active Member

Alright, I can speak for the LuxChomp matchup myself, and I know some matchup theory from discussing the deck with other Gigas players so I can at least try to chime in here.

It is very good against LuxChomp. It actually made me tech in Expert Belt to deal with the deck, which is pretty good against Regigigas. Even just giving your Luxray X 130 hit points to prevent a kill is solid as it lets you try to survive the lock until you get powers back by looping it with PokeTurns, but you really need to hit a Toxicroak G Lvl X with a Belt to win, and thats a bit difficult because it requires 2 energy then since you can't E Gain, so you have to either have access to Bronzong, which is tough, or drop it, attach, and then attack with it on the second turn, but they then Drag Off it the first turn, and you don't have a kill since no prize was taken the turn before.

Also, from talking to the Gigas players I know, they prefer a core of the non Dragoff Regigigas because they find GigaBlaster way too energy intensive and clunky to make the primary attack, and Drag Off isn't a primary attack, but more of a support attack, or disruption.

I'm going to actually suggest what Chuck does, and thats run a 3-1 Gigas line, with 1 Drag Off as tech to deal with certain situations, and it is your "answer" to Vilegar. Between having constant Drag Off to pester Vileplume and eventually kill it, and having Regice as a trainer dump, he says that matchup isn't that bad. I'd somewhat believe it, as it seems very fast and disruptive.
  11. soggymoose

soggymoose Member

Played at League the other day and tested with friends is undefeated. I used 2 Gigaton/1 Drag off and the disruption slowed down vilegar even further and limited their damage output. A tech I use that is not listed in the list above is Blackbelt- works very well early game and in other situations because of the ability to get behind at will. Blackbelt + Expert Belt + Heads on Gigaton = awesome.
  12. connorquay

connorquay Member

What about Poke Healer +? It's very useful when your opponent only has one prize card left so you can't use "Sacrifice" because they will win, your "Sacrifice" gets Power Sprayed, or you only have an Uxie X or another Regigigas with energies on the bench. I run four in my Regigigas. (Or at least I really want to, but don't know what to pull).:confused: